Anyone Using Microsoft Edge Browser?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Desktop used Ff forever, then switched to Chrome because Ff had too many problems, but that was several years back. Then laptop use ME much faster. Bing for searches which is getting on my nerves, have to log in to clear out search. i have no idea what to do with all my points, do not remember what they are for. No love for Google either. Oh well cant have everything.:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have Safari on the iPads and phone, but after @Ken Anderson explained about getting the points for using Bing, I also added that, and save up the points. It takes a long time (or a lot of browsing) for me to get enough points to cash in for an Amazon gift card, but that is what I do with my points.
    If you are going to stop using Bing, you might as well cash in your points for a gift card of some sort first.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

There are several options. I use mine for Amazon.com gift cards. That was the reason I tried Edge to begin with, because Bing was giving more points for Bing searches through the Edge browser.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Browsers have gotten to be a royal PITA. I'm sticking with Firefox though as of yesterday I moved from my POS Dell laptop to the Macbook. One feature Firefox has that I really like is the ability to have a user account, so that when I log onto Firefox on any of my devices, all my stored passwords, favorites, etc. are available. Last night I loaded Firefox onto the Macbook and it functions exactly the same as on a PC, so I'll stick with it instead of moving to Safari.

5. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Gee, I didn't even know Edge or Bing offers rewards. I didn't like the latter. Have never tried the former. Microsoft has not had a goo track record with me, so I've only used their search engines /browers for downloading software that balks with others. Have occasionally used FF, but Chrome or Safari are my go to's, depending on which device I'm using.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It's Bing Rewards but, since Microsoft owns Bing, they encourage people to use the Microsoft Edge browser by giving more reward points for Bing searches on an Edge browser. I get $150-200 a year in Amazon gift cards through Bing Rewards, but I search every day for my job, so I max out pretty much every day. More here. As it is, I far prefer the Bing search engine so I would use it anyhow and, until Edge screwed up during the last update, I was getting to like the Edge browser.