Apartment Complex Manager

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Even the county doesn't enforce their own codes anymore. Thats why you can live in a cardboard box now if you want to.Burn the forest down or whatever floats your boat.
    America is fast becoming a third world nation one community at a time.Of course the rich won't have to worry about it it because they have their own rules.I'm a capitalist but not a chrony Capalist to where we are ruled by Carpetbaggers and arnachist'spl'.
    I don't know and I sure don't have the answers but it seems there should be a happy medium somewhere.
    All first world nations are about gone now so why worry? I just vent and my opinion or philosophey is not that important anyway.

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

BobbyI'll go back and read the thread again. But I see the fall of our culture and the American way and its not easy to just 'suck it up' and be silent although we can't do anything now but vent online it seems.

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Perhaps, at one time, Bobby, maintenance and office staff/management could only act one way, concerning residents, but today, with so many residents doing things against Leasing Agreement Rules/Policies, those in maintenance and inside the office have to know what's going on in the complex and will sometimes relay that to a curious resident.

Anyway, Bobby, the maintenance girl shouldn't be friendly? There are questions I have asked her that she couldn't/wouldn't answer. Or, do you think she answers every question about the complex that I ask her..........absolutely not! There are residents here that don't like her, but that's because she had got an order from a resident to fix something in an apartment, and while doing it, she seen something she felt necessary to report to the manager. The manager would then send the resident a notice about what was seen and whatever was seen by the maintenance girl, was not allowed. Like the resident having three dogs when, in the Leasing Agreement, only 2 dogs and a cat are allowed. No pet snakes, rats, mice or any reptiles/rodents are allowed here either. Any kind of smoking inside an apartment is also against the rules, so, if the maintenance girl sees and ashtray with cigarette butts or pot butts in it, it is her job to report to the manager about this.

In fact, there were some things I asked our last apartment manager about and she would tell me, but some things she wouldn't.

4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Since others can be a pain in the ass it gives you every right to be one too.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Ken sometimes you have to speak up," evil triumps when good men do nothing" forgot who said it or if.I paraphasing.
    There are times when we have to say something or be run over.Kids father left me with 3 toddlers all under 3y.old,and for short times I lived in ghettos,this is how some places are turned into them.Ghettos are government funded feed lots,imo. I worked to get out soon as I could.
    Rules are a good thing ,not alway but sometimes.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh

As far as I'm concerned, I see no reason to involve myself in any way, including my concern for other's doings or misdoings, in any way, if they do not directly affect me.

Frank

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

People around us do affect our lives in one way or the other. I understand you don't want to be a dictator or busy body tatler but some people can affect our lives if we allow them to. Maybe a happy medeim ,don't know.
    If people don't like the rules then they should go to where there are no rules I know of plenty of places like that but I would'nt want to live in a single one."again" but thats just me.

The difference in a civilized nation and uncivilized are rules. Thats why America had great buildings and progress while most third world nations were still in huts. The more immigration and we got the less civilized we became ,a nation cannot survive multicultuarlism, it sounds nice but isn't nice at all.somebody is gonna want to change it to their own way of living and thinking,history proven fact.
    Th oligarchs who make use the poor can take the loot and run we can't we have to live with thwatever they left us with.
    To help poor is to building their nations infrastructure not let them tear yours down.
    Now of course it does,nt matter because the whole world is falling apart so it no longer applies..

Ed Wilson likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have no problem with someone wanting to know what's going on, as there is nothing wrong with curiosity. Feeling the need to control what's going on is another thing, though.

9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I care what's happening but I don't go looking for every foible that people have. Crime is not having a tat or smoking or not being vaxed.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The bottom line is that she shouldn’t be conveying ANY information to you about another resident. Whether they smoke pot, fire up or have beer cans laying around is information that might have to go to the manager but most certainly not to another resident.
    Beyond being basically friendly as an employee of that apartment complex should be, anything else is gossip.

Also, as a proclaimed Christian, you should know that gossip is a Biblical no-no so even asking her about this neighbor or that neighbor in search of a negative output is an open invitation for her to break the company’s rules and again, is a Biblical no-no because you’re asking her to trespass.

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

What I know - is I am reading our new lease, all of it. One is because it has changed hands-again, since last year. Second to see what is new. Third, to make my case against the manager here , who refuses to enforce certain policies.
    I have learned, again she has misled me by saying nothing was going up but the rent. Pet monthly fee is up $5. Another $50 charge that I will need and explanation for. That the new lease has added clauses in regards of what they are and are not responsible for in regards to winter mishaps. I expected that after the winter storm here that hit 70 units. It all is about CYA, which is expected, but leaves very little if any wiggle room for the rest of us.
    Sigh well that is the perils of apartment living.
    @Cody Fousnaugh , yes I care about what goes on in our apt. community to a degree.
    Maybe we are just not inquisitive as some folks. Besides right now there is so much going on in our daily lives that I can't really care that much about anything else. But I do want and need the piece an quiet that is stipulated in the lease that we are entitled to!

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I'll bet there are plenty of people who go to church and proclaim themselves as "Christians" that gossip! And, there are plenty of Christians that don't even act like Christians much or at all.

IOW, she can convey to us what she wants to and we can ask her what we want to. America is a FREE country, is it not?

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

If there is a any kind of robbery, or like I've already said, if a firetruck, ambulance, police/sheriffs patrol car is sitting in the parking lot or talking to a resident, we wonder what has happened. There are those that absolutely don't care and those that do care about what is happening where they live. It's not being "nosy" a "busybody" or anything like that, it is, however, wanting to know.

A murder could happen at the house next to yours or right down the street. A murder could happen in the apartment complex you live in. If you weren't at home when this happened, don't watch the local news or talk to your neighbors, you have no idea what has happened. We like to know and will ask about anything concerning where we live. If we get an answer, fine, if not, we have to settle for that.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

What we do know is this, before the last owner change, things were more strict in our complex. Our last Asst. Manager told me that she had no problem at with evicting someone. "Don't follow the rules or pay your rent, I'll get a Court Eviction and get you out!" Within the last year, we've had numerous young folks move in that don't give a "rats a**" about what the Leasing Agreement Rules/Policies are and try to get away with anything they can. There are those that have moved in that had to sell the house they lived in. They think they can live the same way they did in a house. A person simply doesn't have the freedom living in an apartment that they did in a house. That don't both wife and I at all.

Heck, we even seen used face masks laying on the grounds here. Some folks simply have no respect or care about where they live!

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It doesn’t make a derned bit of difference in the world what OTHER people do, it’s what YOU do that matters. If you cause someone else to sin it’s on your back, not theirs. If someone else decides to break the rules it doesn’t make it alright for you to do or join in on.

And don’t give me that “it’s a free country” stuff because it’s a leftist technique that means: I can do anything I want but you can’t.
    It seems that you have a lot to say about what other people do and how other people look but when you’re in the box you come up with, it’s a free country.
    You can’t have it both ways Cody. It’s either right or wrong, black or white. There’s no in between and no grey area.

John Brunner and Al Amoling like this.