Apartment Complex Manager

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I did once about 10 yr.s ago but never did it again. I'd just see what they said before I loggged in.Curiousity got to me.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Saw title, maybe to bring thread back to OT:

If the owner told me that, I probably would not have the job very long. I'd directly ask him or her what is the purpose of having rules in a lease if tenants aren't expected to abide by those rules. I'd probably get fired- or quit due to frustration over lack of cooperation.

In my opinion, unless it's something truly extreme, individuals deserve a second chance. But if they insist on continuing with something the lease says they cannot do, they should be booted out.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

you better not-or I will sic Beth on you:D

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I shall never enrage The Name That Shalt Not Be Uttered. *shudder*

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Got a message from the manager stating that all garages that are currently being used for storage, instead of parking a vehicle inside, will have to be vacated or a vehicle parked inside. She was told this by the Corporate Office. Everyone has until January 1st to either put their car into the garage they rent or clean out the garage and give remote back to her. There simply isn't enough parking in the complex for residents and residents who park their vehicle outside, want to park right in front of the building they live in............not at the other end of the complex.

As for us, we've been renting two garages next to each other. One for storage of some things, of which, originally, was ok with manager, and the other for our vehicle. Keeping the one for the vehicle, but emptying out the other and putting stuff in a storage unit where we keep our boat.

She also stated, in the message, that no visitors are allowed to park their vehicle in the complex after the office closes at 6PM. Again, not enough parking for residents. Visitors will have to park either at Safeway, down the street a block, or at Walgreens, across the street.

Actually, don't know how she will enforce either, but Maintenance does have a universal remote to open all garages and I'm told "they will all be checked on January 2nd for conformance to the new rule/policy.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

Do you have a high population of illegals undocumented dreamers there?

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

None where we live! Any undocumented dreamers are in Greeley. Parts of Greeley, like Lakewood, Colorado, are like a Little Mexico.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't kid yourself... they are EVERYWHERE.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. John Brunner

I asked because many apartment complexes do not enforce the Fire Marshall's Occupancy Regs on illegals. So you get multiple families living in the same apartment, consuming parking spaces at 3x-5x the rate the facility was designed for. That was a huge problem where I lived in Northern Virginia...you could not drive down the side road in front of apartment buildings because they were so crowded due to selective (or no) code enforcement.

I wondered if that might not be driving the issue you & the missus are facing. Do you know why there is a problem with the Parking-to-Apartment ratio? I gotta think there are 2 spaces allotted to each unit. From what you've told us, it's not as though Management suddenly decided to enforce all the rules...this would be a weird one to just pick out of the air.

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Seems to me that if you are paying for 2 garages it's none of their business what you use the space for as long as you're not cooking meth or whatever.

Frank Sanoica and John Brunner like this.
  11. John Brunner

I agree.

They need to reimburse the cost for renting a like-kind storage space. You must be "made whole." That's basic contract law.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

A garage doesn't come with a unit and parking spaces are "first come, first served" type. However, for a per-month fee, a resident can have a parking space assigned to them and a sign saying, "Private Parking", put into the ground in front of the space.

Actually, John, I did have a short talk with the manager and she told me that Corporate has been all over her concerning the lack of parking. Perhaps some residents have called Corporate complaining about the parking.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not when it comes to a shortage of parking in the complex. Remember, this is an apartment complex with Leasing Rules/Policies to follow. Some follow, some don't. When you only rent, not own, a person hasn't got much-to-any "say so".
    We had the same thing happen at the complex in Florida we lived in for 10 1/2 years. There we had an assigned garage, but our 1992 Dodge 1500 truck wouldn't fit in. We have a Handicap Placard for our Durango and parked in a Handicap space. We had our garage there full of stuff and had to show the manager that the truck wouldn't fit in the garage at all. Manager put in our Rental File that she agreed to let us use the garage for storage.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I know Beth, you are a firm believer in "none of their business", but there are plenty of folks that will make anything "their business".

15. John Brunner

I understand, but the facility was designed for a certain #cars-per-apartment. Something has upset the balance. I just wondered what that something is.

Beth Gallagher likes this.