Apartment Complex Manager

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 22, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The two of you need to counsel me. I have a hard time letting go of anything.

Faye Fox and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

No counseling is necessary. You take a short vacation, leave the keys to your storage areas and Hedi and Faye's reduction service will take care of it. It won't be disposed of until @Von Jones of No No Nanette's repurposing appraisal service had selected any valuables from it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

yes there are exceptions ... but not many. Oh yes you may save your darth vadar outfit;)

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Seems to me that Cody's apartment leasing rule should state something about the number of vehicles allowed per unit instead of trying to manage people's storage requirements. They should have considered parking requirements when planning/building the place, then advised tenants of lease requirements such as "TWO vehicles allowed per rental unit and must be in running condition."

Issue ID stickers for those TWO vehicles and any un-stickered vehicles in the parking areas would get towed unless in the designated visitors' spots.

Bobby Cole, Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  5. John Brunner

-OR-

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

6. John Brunner

I'm gonna sue him for whiplash:

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Exactly my thoughts!!! If the intention of the complex owners is to offer them as a garage for vehicle storage, then other uses should be prohibited. If one has a garage, then I would say they should give up one parking space. One of the senior community duplexes I was thinking of moving too, has a garage, small storage in the back of garage, and one parking space per resident. This would allow for two vehicles max. It doesn't matter whether you use the garage for parking or not, but using it for storage is prohibited and you best never park in anyone else's space even if they give you permission. They have a visitor's parking and anything there overnight best have a placard hanging off the mirror showing it was approved by management or it is towed.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Faye, each new resident is issued a Parking Permit to hang from the review mirror. We got one when we first moved in. Unlike the number of pets a resident can have, there is nothing in the lease agreement that tells a resident how many vehicles they can have. I mean, apartment complex owners want to make sure, if at all possible, that all of their apartments are filled. Putting too many rules/policies in the leasing agreement, and that won't happen and the owners lose money with vacant apartments.

An apartment complex has only so many acres for parking, the apartment buildings, an office building, garages or carports, an outdoor swimming pool area (by the office) and a dog park.

And, if a resident has two vehicles, but only uses one of them and the other just sits in a parking spot, how can a manager know if the spare vehicle runs or not? Ask the new resident? Then the resident could easily say "well, it was running when I moved in".

9. John Brunner

I never thought of the rodent/fire hazard such storage areas might represent.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, get overly-strict with leasing rules/policies and some residents will complain to regional manager and/or corporate/owners. This could put the complex manager's job in jeopardy. There has to be a "happy medium" between the manager and residents and that can be very hard to do.

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Back to your original post if the managers are so interested in keeping the apts full, then I think they would take an interest in rule obeying residents' complaints and enforce the rules. All the well-kept apts around here have a long waiting list and the last thing they want is a rule obeying renter getting dissatisfied and moving. Any infraction against the rules gets a warning and three warnings and you are evicted. If you are a good renter then I would voice my concerns and if they didn't like it then I would move winter or not. I wouldn't live in fear of them not renewing my lease because I spoke out about rule violations. If management is different folks than the owners, then that is in your favor. Owners prefer long-time residents that take care of the property and obey the rules.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

How wonderful it would be for me if my greatest concern centered about what I put, or didn't put, in my garage.....

Frank

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

:D:D:D

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Sorry , not so, what they care about is more money. They want us out of our apt. because they literally can charge $492 more a month for it. The manger even admitted it . We have been here nine years and always on time with rent..blah blah - so good behavior does not equal a damn thing.
    It has become cut throat business just like any other business.At least that is the way it is here Faye.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh I agree with you on this one..do not faint. We fear our apts will become like yours and not let him do his wood working anymore.
    Granted garages should be for autos, but it does not state that in our lease. I read the entire lease every other year unless they change hands, then i read it again. This new lease covers the complex butt if there is another ice storm like earlier this year.