Apartment Complex Manager

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We've had a sheriff's deputy living 2 houses down from us for 25 years. He's a great guy; very friendly. I'd say the neighborhood has been lucky to have him; he helped get my youngest son out of a traffic ticket back when he was a teenager. :D (Traffic cop had goofy kid pulled over; neighbor stopped and convinced traffic cop that goofy kid is harmless. Stern warning given but no ticket.)

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'd say you need a hobby, but it sounds like you got one.

3. John Brunner

Dear Ma Bell:

I was wondering if you were going to bring Party Lines back to the Estes Park region. Asking for a friend.

Sincerely,

Cody Fousnaugh

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

When a cop hands his card to a person it generally doesn’t mean that the person he or she handed it to did anything wrong. On the contrary, all the cops who have given me their card are looking for information or to give a direct line in case of trouble.

We have cops come to our door quite a bit and I have at least 4 cards and I have done nothing at all wrong. Let’s see. One from SWAT, one from Kevin Smith (gang investigations), one from a buddy who retired from the Rangers and joined the force, and one with general information and the cop’s name and oh yeah, one from Community Development.

Gee, and to think that if you lived next door to me you’d have me pegged as a gangsta……

Al Amoling and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

Got ink?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Only that mark that was left when I got stabbed in the leg by a 6 year old girl with a sharp pencil.
    Honestly officer, I’m 6 years old and all I did was to sit next to her and gave her a Valentine’s day card on the school bus and that’s when she stabbed me in the leg.

(If someone just read the 1st line I would be known as a sex offender).

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Now, now. Give Cody a break. He's busy polishing his binoculars this morning. :D:D:D:p

Mary Robi and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Reminds me of Mrs. Kravitz on Bewitched.

Mary Robi and John Brunner like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Please refer to Post #4 of this tome. :D

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

OMG! How could I not have seen that one? Well, I just saw it and put a like on it so you got a two-fer today.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, all five or six time local police have been next door, it was because they were called, not stopping by to say "welcome to the neighborhood". And, the family only moved in during the first week of August.

And, btw, we aren't "nosey", we simply like to know what goes on in our apartment complex, especially when it's as close as in our building. How would any of you feel if you heard gunshots from a next door neighbors house or down the street/road you live on?

At our last apartment complex, there was a murder/suicide in the middle of the day during a t-storm. Nobody knew that two people were laying dead in the living room over night, until the next morning when the young ladies father came over to check on her. Maintenance supervisor and him went in the apartment and there both his daughter and her boyfriend were. It happened during the week when most of the people in the complex were at work. Everyone knew something had happened when three Crime Scene Investigation vans came in from JSO and the news media were right outside the complex doing a "live" report.

12. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh "
    "Well, all five or six time local police have been next door, it was because they were called, not stopping by to say "welcome to the neighborhood". And, the family only moved in during the first week of August."
    Sorry Cody but if you're not nosey How did you know they didn't stop by to say hello?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

"MGN." (Maintenance Girl Network.) :D

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  14. John Brunner

"...and then this torn note just fell out of the trash can and reassembled itself..."

"Apt 302 needs to eat more fiber."

"The next unit over has 3 cats when the lease specifically say there's a limit of 2, but one of them is stuffed, so I'm gonna call Corporate to find out what to do."

So much for the expanding universe theory, huh?

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

How do I know? Because cops aren't the Welcome Wagon group! Besides that, as I've already stated, my wife keeps her blinds wide open when she is working on her job in our spare bedroom. She knows when UPS, Fed X or anyone else stops or parks out front of that bedroom. She will come in the living room and say, "they are here again" and I'll know exactly who she is talking about.

Anyway, we make it our business to know what's going on. We live here!