Are People Actually Getting Orders From Usps?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Al Amoling, Dec 20, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My recent Amazon order was shipped via USPS, UPS and Fed Ex (supplement resellers and one pesticide company.) All 3 carriers had instances of confirming deliver for that day and all 3 missed the date then changed it without sending any Notification...I had to go to Tracking. As I said before, the actual delivery performance was fine. Most of the stuff beat their initial quoted dates (which I guess are expectation setters like Reference Retail), but the tracking systems for all 3 are getting rather goofy these days. Fed Ex had delivery confirmed for later that day and when the package did not show up, I went online and the status showed it was in Wisconsin.

I may have mentioned I had an order a couple of weeks ago that went from UPS to USPS, and the communication got goofed up and UPS showed my address as being "Undeliverable." That has never happened before. USPS still had a scheduled date (which they met), but when Amazon received UPS' status they said they were gonna issue me a refund. Somehow Amazon eventually got the word it had been delivered, because the refund did not happen. I never received delivery notification from UPS or from Amazon.

I guess the lives of the DBAs at these places are both hellish as well as secure.

2. John Brunner

I have an Amazon package that's scheduled for delivery today (Feb 26) via the USPS. It was cited in an Informed Delivery Digest email 7:30 this morning as being out for delivery today.

Then at 2:53PM East Coast Time I get this email (I live in Virginia):

USPS email.jpg

So it just now left Phoenix, AZ and will be at my home in Virginia within 6 hours??? Or, it really is in the possession of my mail carrier right now and is gonna be in my mailbox within the next couple of hours.

They got database issues, methinks.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. John Brunner

Friday my packaged was confirmed for Saturday delivery.
    Saturday morning my packaged was with the carrier, confirmed for Saturday delivery.
    Saturday afternoon my packaged was confirmed for Saturday delivery, even though it was now in Phoenix.
    Today my package is still in Phoenix, with no ETA cited.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, you said it yourself...

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

this is the routing of package that supposed to arrive either Friday or next Monday....I'm hoping it can even make Monday to me in Maine
    Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 10.10.39 AM.png

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

My package that was supposedly in Virginia actually then sat in a Phoenix facility for 3 days before moving on to the next step...if the tracking info is accurate.

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

And that IF is HUGE

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I usually have good luck with USPS, but now I see what some of you are complaining about. We shipped a package to grandchildren in Seattle on Friday, and it arrived on Monday. Typical service for us. I ordered small gifts for my grandsons from Indiana on December 2, and they were shipped on December 4. They are scheduled to be delivered on December 22, which means we won't be able to pick them up until December 23. I hope they get here!

I saw that the Biden Administration has voided all trucking contracts for delivering mail and is going to use only USPS drivers and trucks to transport the mail I am sure that using only bureaucracy to do the job will make things just peachy.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

At times, for reasons I don't understand, UPS will hand off a package to the USPS here in Millinocket for delivery rather than delivering it to the door. When I see that this has happened, I know that I won't receive it for at least another couple of days, although I live only a few blocks (0.7 miles) from the post office. Rather than delivering, I think they send it to a central postal location for processing before sending it back to Millinocket for delivery.

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

UPS has a service called "SurePost" and Fedex has "SmartPost." Both are economy shipping options that hand off to the USPS for the final delivery. I hate it when I see that either of those have been used since it always means another couple of days to wait. I have often thought that UPS has to drive by my house to get the package to the local post office. :rolleyes:

11. John Brunner

SurePost makes perfect sense where I live. Houses are few & far between.

Jan Ahlmann and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Us as well.

John Brunner and Jan Ahlmann like this.
  13. Jan Ahlmann

Jan Ahlmann Well-Known Member
    Registered

SurePost is annoying as you get an email from the place you ordered saying your package has been delivered when it hasn’t. It took me a few times to figure out to check if the item was sent via SurePost.

The post office in a city near me is so back logged in delivering packages, that US Representatives have gotten involved.

14. John Brunner

I've commented elsewhere that the mail in Charlottesville (just up the road from me) has been a mess for a few years. People may get mail once a week...or less often. Folks had been going to the post office in person to get their mail,but the volume was so overwhelming that the post office stopped letting people do that. So you can press your nose against the glass and see your letters (or medications) sitting in a bin, but they won't give them to you.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I have been getting mine on time or early..and we live in the boonies

Don Alaska likes this.