Are There Members Besides Me That Have Covid ?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Update, John?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree hope Johns ok.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Bruce Andrew @Marie Mallery

Thanks for the concern, folks.

I'm not sure how I am. I feel OK except for occasional short-lived very slight chills (like maybe 2-3 times a day for about a minute each time) and an issue with sweating more than normal if I'm outside doing anything the least bit physical. It's as though I have a low-grade fever, but I got no fever at all (although I rarely get one.) My temp continues to run at 98.3°F and got as high as 98.6°F when I came in with the been-out-there-working sweats and rested for a few minutes. O2 levels are 94-96, depending on which hand's index finger I use.

I also get a slight heaviness in my chest, but again it's fleeting and infrequent. I feel it just the slightest when I wake up, but when I get out of bed and move around it's gone for most of the day. It does not appear when I'm outside working, just sometimes when I'm at rest sitting. Certainly nothing continuous, and it's never really concerning, but it's there every once in a while.

So who knows? I don't think these are signs of COVID (unless it's a mild case or an early infection) and other than the infrequent chills I don't have any of the stated symptoms. It's just weird for me. I don't get colds & flu. Probably got a bad case of COVID Paranoia.

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I do not think COVID either, but keep us posted anyway. If it keeps up maybe a check up is in order.

Lois Winters and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

I was thinking the same thing. This is only Day 4. I don't go to the doctor unless I've not been able to shake stuff like this in 10-14 days. But again, it's such a rare thing for me, the last time was before I moved here in 2010.

I'm thinking of pushing forward and getting my firewood set up, seeing if I can sweat my way out of it.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

oh heavens, do not get pneumonia John trying to sweat it out :eek:

Lois Winters likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Try using a middle finger for the O2 monitor. Calluses may give you slightly different readings. It probably doesn't matter as long as you consistently use the same finger. Track the trend, not an individual reading. Take some quercetin (assuming you cannot get HCQ) along with your zinc.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Well hope its and if so a mild case. At least if it is your have antibodies.

I just called my son after learning he took the shot 'Pfizer'. Just in case it may cause heart or blood clots to take 1/4 aspirin everyday for awhile. He is just 50 and healthy but had bad chest pains and in hospital for 24 hours ,all test came back great but if rumor is true it won't hurt him,imo. He took shot last week. It could just be anaxiety too but he is not one to be paranoid.
    I don't try to influance anyone either way about vax though. he is ok now.

John Brunner likes this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

@John Brunner
    Also in case you get congested they say that laying flat on your stomach is good to bring it up,a doctor told us that so no online remedy. Said it worked good as ventilator.

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

You know, I've not been. But I'll keep that in my back pocket.

Thank you.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  11. John Brunner

Thanks, Don. I just ordered some quercetin since it does not seem to be a stocked item at the usual local suspects. I got no sources for HCQ without seeing my doctor. Most online sources look "suspicious."

I'm thinking my 35mg of zinc is sufficient since it's pushing the upper limits of 40mg, although I might sneak in another half of a 50mg for a few days...I'm taking enough copper (2,500 µg) to have that aspect covered.

If all this other stuff weren't going on, I wouldn't even mention being mildly under the weather. I guess that's part of the psychological warfare, huh? Bastards, all of them, foreign and domestic.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Doesn’t your Apple Watch show you what your blood oxygen is, @John Brunner ? You should be able to monitor your heart rate, blood oxygen, and also take an EKG from the Apple Watch . I always check mine for any abnormal rhythms.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

I got pulse only on the SE watch. Only the 6 and the 7 do O2 levels. The SE doesn't have EKG, either.

I'll get a 95% reading on the pulse/oximeter, remove my finger, let the thing reset, reinsert the same finger, and then get 96%. Of course, it might have gone from 95.49% to 95.50% and the display rounds to zero decimal points. Maybe I should put in a fresh battery.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Anyone heard any updates from Lon?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. John Brunner

Dunno if you say this comment by Yvonne yesterday afternoon, Babs, where she called the hospital. They could not give details to a non-relative for obvious reasons, but told her that Lon is doing "OK." It sounds encouraging. I've not seen a subsequent update.

Don Alaska and Babs Hunt like this.