Are There Members Besides Me That Have Covid ?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

To that, I would say that I played with liquid mercury when I was a child and it was fifty years before I got cancer, and I don't even know that the mercury had anything to do with that, the point being that my condition a week, month, or years after being exposed to liquid mercury does not imply that it's safe to do that. That said, some people have died very quickly after getting the jab.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I guess I shouldn't admit that I played with mercury when I was a kid. Kept it in a little vial and swirled it around in the cup of my hand, watching it break apart and then rejoin into a single piece.

It's beeyootuhful.

Edit to add: Apparently that thermometer mercury is the elemental type, that is poorly absorbed and has a half-life in our systems of 60 days, getting excreted in our urine. What sucks is I don't believe there is a more accurate liquid to use in a thermometer.

Sorry for the detour...

Back on topic: I am astonished that my GP--whose practice has been purchased by the University of Virginia Health System--stopped asking me about getting The Shot. I wonder why. UVA Health announced that they were requiring all of their employees (to include clerical staff) to bend over roll up their sleeves. He's got 3 kids. I wonder if he's beginning to question the wisdom.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Don Alaska and Bruce Andrew like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

This was industrial stuff. My dad brought a vial of it home from his job at a ship-building company. I don't know what they used it for.

Bruce Andrew and John Brunner like this.
  4. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ha, great post Bobby. :)

I had a fill-in doctor ask me about getting the jab back in March, and I said to her "Would you like to discuss politics?" She said "No" and went back to her business of checking my tendonitis. Then my regular doc asked me in June/July(?) about it and why I hadn't gotten it and I told him I don't like being forced to do things, and the more they force it the more I will resist. He understood and said he's somewhat like that himself.

I remember my dad (1913-2000) telling me decades ago that when he was young that most doctors were snooty and arrogant, and he was glad to see they mostly weren't like that anymore.

I go back to my regular doc I think in January for a physical, and I'm already imagining getting into a confrontation about all this jab crap. I've been going to him since 2004 and really like him -- he's very down-to-earth, easy to talk to, and is never rushed.

So we'll see; I hope he doesn't turn into a jerk. I have lost most of my respect and trust in medical people since COVID. And I see a lot of them who must know deep-down that this is a scam but they are just going through the required motions.

I saw a gastroenterologist in May (been there before years ago). While I was waiting at the office window he came into the office WITH NO MASK. I thought I was dreaming. So I had a colonoscopy in July and he came into the prep room where I was waiting to talk with a mask under his chin, lol.

And after it was over and he came back in, same thing. I so SO wanted to talk to him about that but I didn't. And some time later my lunch buddy saw him for the down-the-throat test, and he said the same thing, no mask.

I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not asking him. What a mess. And the vast majority of people remain clueless. I asked three liberal friends in 2018 if they could define "liberty." They couldn't, and haven't yet -- that's the problem. Most people cannot define it so they do not recognize when it is being taken from them.

Most people just go along because they don't want to stick their head up above the crowd and get their cushy life disturbed. But there does seem to be some pushback recently from the airline, hospital employees, and others. I hope it holds and spreads or we will assuredly all hang.

As I think Benjamin Franklin said: "We must all hang together or we will hang separately."

5. Bruce Andrew

Registered

Ha, mercury. I remember playing with it in school on the desk. I think it was around in science class and nobody thought anything about it other than it was cool stuff.

And I remember chewing on lead pellets (for a pellet gun) when I was probably 10 or so.

I got prostate cancer a half-century later. So was it the mercury or the lead that did it?

6. John Brunner

I wonder how many have had their licenses threatened?
    I wonder how many may have had Medicare/Medicaid payments threatened?

That's my current pool of paranoia...that the Fed will refuse to cover me under Medicare unless I get a shot. If they take over retirement accounts, they will intentionally steal our ability to pay for our own health care.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Nobody in around here wears a mask in public but us.Our Nurse Pracioner.s office only one nurse wears one.Most patiants in dentist or N.P office wears one.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

I just read that the dangerous mercury is not elemental (the liquid stuff we both miss so much) but organic (ingested through soil, water, contaminated fish.)

The elemental stuff is not absorbed very well, and it gets excreted rather quickly.
    The organic stuff is ingested. That's a different story.

In fact I read a while ago that it's the larger, long-lived fish that present the greater issues because (a) they live longer so they accumulate more, and (b) they eat the smaller infected fish so they ingest their portion of mercury as well.

Bruce Andrew and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I meant most patiants don't wear a mask.

10. John Brunner

If it were that bad, the people who clean our teeth would be wearing hazmat suits, since we sit there with our mouths wide open and they are as undistancing as one can get without being married to each other.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

LOL, yes my oral surgion doesn't wear one either.I suppose to see him tomorrow for how ever many teeth I want extracted.:eek:.He lets me play it by ear . I am still hurting like hell and now this tooth thing.
    One of my old caps came off and most have been filled so I decided to just pull them just in case later I can't if covid makes them quit or the illegals get amnesty we may not see a doc or dentist plus one bridge and caps.
    Only one ask if I had the jab in the dentist office last month.

John Brunner and Bruce Andrew like this.
  12. Bruce Andrew

Registered

All of the Founders' fears of a tyrannical government are coming into place. One of my lunch buddies, a life-long Republican but a political novice, keeps saying about all this stuff like Critical Racist Theory, defunding the cops, the gender crap, etc. that it's all "so stupid." For over a year now I've been trying to impress upon him they know what they are doing and "stupid" is not the word I would use to describe it -- I call it "scary." There are NYS legislators hailing from NYC who openly admit to being communists. Washington is full of them -- admitted or not. I guess it's not scary to anyone who doesn't know the 100 year bloody history of communism. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

In the past month or so I have donated to two lawsuits, the last one is federal and they are suing Walmart's for refusing to fill a prescription for ivermectin -- which is blatantly illegal for a pharmacist to refuse to do. Another one was for a local school district being sued over a woman being arrested for letting her young autistic boy get on the bus with no face diaper.

After a year and a half, I finally feel like I'm doing something -- small though it may be. But I'm not done yet.

"May you live in interesting times."

13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So Lon... I guess you're the only one. :D

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The way I took the news about medicare is that the unvaxed doctors nor medical institutions that do not force their employees to take the jab will be able to accept medicare patients.
    It isn’t that medicare will no longer be good for the unwashed such as myself but rather my benefits will only be able to be used as payment by certain doctors and institutions.

What does worry me a little is that since the VA is a government institution that they will not be able to take on the unvaxed veterans. I’m sure they’ll get around to blackmailing the vets who do not want the vaccine and will pull our benefits if we refuse the jab.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  15. Bruce Andrew

Registered

The fish thing: Back in the '70s when they were stocking Lake Ontario with salmon, the state DEC warned people to not eat the larger ones and to especially to not eat the fat, which I guess is where most of the mercury accumulates.

John Brunner likes this.