Are There Members Besides Me That Have Covid ?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 16, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thanks.

I don't do Facebook. And I cannot tell from his posting history here the length or frequency of he posting hiatuses.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I was hoping for it.

Bruce Andrew and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have seen over and over again folks who had diseases that did not maintain titers but were still immune. I believe this has already been demonstrated with the Covid virus. Here is a quote:

"However, two scenarios reinforce the relevance of effective T cell memory. First, inadequate generation or persistence of neutralizing antibodies could limit the efficacy and longevity of serological immunity against SARS-CoV-2 infection or vaccination. This is not just a hypothetical concern—long-term studies of patients who recovered from the closely related SARS (now also called SARS-CoV-1) virus in 2002–2004 indicated that anti-SARS T cells were long lived and remained nearly two decades later, while anti-SARS circulating memory B cells and antibodies were below the limit of detection in most individuals. Patients recovering from SARS-CoV-2 display stable serum antibodies for several months, but there is emerging evidence that severe COVID-19 may compromise the generation of potent, long-lived antibody responses while T cell memory is established in symptomatic and asymptomatic subjects. At a minimum, T cells may provide a second arrow in the quiver of immunological memory—for example, Trm could detect reinfection and coordinate recall responses in barrier tissues, and Tfh cells could boost the B cell response, generating higher levels of higher-affinity protective antibodies."

and here is the link to the entire paper should you choose to read it:
    Link

Lois Winters and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I have facebook, and I looked; but liked Cody, all I could see as a last post was mid-October. That does not mean that his friends can’t see more recent posts if the posts are designated as “friends only”.
    Also, we would not know about any messages Lon sent to friends or family; so the answer does not really tell us anything much. When Lon was in the hospital last time, I do not think that he had his laptop along with him, and he does not seem to use his iphone for the forum or other internet surfing; so I am hoping that this means that Lon is still at his apartment if he is using facebook.

5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Don't remind me. Not a good memory at all. That I am still alive amazes me.

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Seem to have all your wits still with you too.

Lois Winters likes this.
  7. Lois Winters

Registered

I was tested both a swab which was inconclusive, but the blood test was positive. Thankfully, I still have the antibodies.

Faye Fox, Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Lois Winters

Registered

Doubtful, Ken. So many of us used to shine our coins with liquid mercury and not everyone ever got cancer.

Faye Fox and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Lois Winters

Registered

I know where he lives and have his email address. I'll contact him. He is using his real name on here by the way.

10. Lois Winters

Registered

OK, I just sent Lon an email message. He's usually prompt in answering me. Will let you know if I hear from him or he may post here, since I told him of our worrying about him.

11. Lois Winters

Registered

Lon answered my Email. He's been in St. Agnes Hospital since the 9th of this month. They are loaded with patients and short of help. He's in a lot of pain and is having a number of procedures done. Says he's exhausted. I wished him well with prayers and exhorted him to rest well.

Doesn't sound too good to me.

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

So he started this thread from the hospital and omitted that information. I agree @Lois Winters it doesn't sound good. Sorry to hear my bad feeling, see post #62, was correct. I will send him an email as soon as I can find words of sympathy and comfort because right now I want to chew him out for not mentioning he had been in the hospital for 7 days and why he was admitted in the first place. I am guessing he tested positive for covid after he was admitted. That information might have led to a more informed discussion. I recently had two guy friends in their mid 70's die from covid. One was in the hospital for a week before he let anyone know. What is with old men and omitting important details?

I will have a cup of coffee and see if I can contact my sweetheart side and then get him off an email.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

On the bright side, he's cognizant enough to read/send email.

This sucks.

14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

And we are all glad you are Lois! Yes, I remember you had covid in the early days of the epidemic.

Don Alaska and Lois Winters like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I am wondering if he could have gotten the date wrong about when he went into the hospital. On October 13, he posted about his neighbor lady having her 100th birthday party, and said that he could not go because of having to isolate and stay in his apartment. It appears that Lon was at home when he started this thread, and was moved to the hospital some time after that.
    He was posting normally until at least the 16th, when he started this thread; so maybe he meant that he has been in the hospital since the 19th, and just didn’t type it in correctly.
    If he is using his iphone, that would be easy enough to do.

He said that he was diagnosed on October 1st, with a quarantine until the 20th, and told us that he was not feeling sick except for the loss of appetite, and he should have been over the covid by the time they took him off of quarantine.
    I am wondering if it somehow affected Lon’s heart, and that is why they are having to do procedures at the hospital ?
    Definitely adding my thoughts and prayers for Lon’s recovery !