Are There Members Besides Me That Have Covid ?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

What you say certainly makes sense. Whether Lon purposely omitted details or hit the wrong keys is unknown. After the Cranberry stories, I am undecided about Lon's intent. I sent him an email wishing him the best and hoping for his return to Oakmont.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Lon Tanner may not want my prayers, but I will be offering them anyhow.

3. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Lon may be quite confused as his emails indicate that to me. Also, he's receiving a fair amount of pain medication. I did not require that when I had COVID, so I am wondering what else is going on with him as well. No word today from him.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I have been wondering if this has something to do with Lon’s heart. He has been in the hospital before when it was acting up, and has a history of a-fib and also has a pacemaker; so this could definitely be at least part of why he is in the hospital.
    You said that he is having procedures done, which sounds more like heart issues than covid, and would also explain the heavy pain meds.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

No answer to my email either. I think both his heart and his chronic nerve pain are issues and his compromised immune due to radiation are all factors to how he may deal with covid and other health issues.

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I am having serious withdrawal symptoms. It has been 8 days since our foremost thread starter, Alonzo Tanner, posed questions for us to ponder. I cannot find a single thread to make any cutesy remarks or engage in a discussion that isn't stagnant or in a whirlpool. My mind is void of new topics for starting threads, especially anything of interest. I think I will bake brownies today since it is raining. We had a record-breaking dry summer and now a record-breaking wet fall so I can't get outdoors as much as I like.

I hope Lon gets better soon. Still, no word.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Us too.

8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The wordwide medical consensus seems to be that Covid will never be completely eradicated.

Getting shots seems to be the best defense in being sure that we don't contract it.

I've got my 3 shots plus a flu shot.

Naaa na na naaa naaa!:p

Harold

Marie Mallery and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I've had the beginnings of a cold since yesterday AM (occasional chills, occasional sinus pressure), and all this stuff has me paranoid. I was in town on Friday grocery shopping and then hit a buffet (neither was crowded, but a few nearby people in restaurant booths), so that timing does not help...it was the only time I went out all week. Neither my county nor the one I was shopping in are high-risk areas. And I doubt I'd have symptoms the very next day regardless of what the bug may (or may not) be.

Vitals holding steady for 2 days at:
    Temp 98.3°F-98.5°F (electronic contact and liquid contact thermometers)
    O2 96%-98%

I've not been taking meg-doses of stuff, but my regular regime includes:
    Vit D₃ 45µg (1,800iu)
    Vit C 580mg
    Zinc 36mg
    Maybe I'll up it for a while, although I can't tolerate much more zinc.

All is well 'cept between the ears. I just popped an acetaminophen. May take some Mucinex later.

Can we get our normal back, please?
    I'll get you Fauci...and your little dogs, too!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

My goodness I hope Lon is ok ,this is lons post ,right.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I don't know what happend to my post but hope its just a bug and it goes away soon.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    John Brunner likes this.
  12. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I hope it's just a freaking cold, John. I worry about this all the time also although I go out whenever I feel like it, like I did in the old days. I went to the liquor store and supermarket today, but I didn't have to. Was a nice day, not many left and wanted to take the Vette for a spin.

I've been taking zinc (30 mg) for a long time, no noticeable side effects. What's it doing to you?

I had an oxygen tester on my Amz list but never bought it. After reading your post, I put it back on again.

Keep us posted, and eff Dr. Faux and his manufactured virus. smiley bashhead.gif

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

we bought oxygen tester and it works fine.cost less than $10. amazon.

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Mankind has never eradicated any disease; even if the disease is man-made, we’re stuck with it for as long as we’re on the face of this earth.

Again, the covid and flu shots are not vaccinations. A vaccination is a preventative whilst the shots you took are only supposed to make the effects of the virus less noteworthy should you catch it. You can still get it and spread it.

I haven’t taken the jab. I can still get it and I can still spread it just like you and I’m at least 98.8% sure I’ll pull through should I get it.

15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I, too, had been trying to get out more. As I said, around here things are pretty low risk. Now that this has happened, I'm gonna get back to hunkering in place and timing my shopping with low-volume times. Maybe I'll go out for more rides as I did when I first got my CX-5 (not a Vette but the 2.5L turbo in the well-engineered Mazda is fun to drive on these back roads.) And there are places on my property I've not fully explored...time to get out the Magellan and take some strolls before deer season starts in a few weeks.

Regarding zinc: Too much zinc makes me nauseous and can go right through me. I find it interesting that so many of the supplements on the shelf of Walmart are relatively high doses compared to RDAs and published "maximums." The only zinc I could find was 50mg, so I cut them in half to augment what's in my multivitamin. I popped a whole 50mg when I first got them and it hit my stomach hard. So now I get 11mg from my morning multi and then another roughly 25mg midday after lunch. Sometimes that 25mg dose makes me queasy if I've not had enough to eat...or maybe it's closer to a 30mg chunk of that tablet.

Regarding this crud: I went on the local hospital website's symptom checker. They tell you that no test is required unless you exhibit 2 or more symptoms...I don't. There are "studies" regarding the % of cases that present with each symptom (fever, loss of taste/smell, etc) but nothing consistent to hang your hat on.

Regarding that O2 sensor: I've commented before that a dark hue of one's skin can give a falsely high reading when levels are O2 low, I believe because of the amount of light that's absorbed. Here's a brief NIH article on that subject. There are other articles out there that are more strongly [angrily] worded. I try to mention it whenever the subject arises just to make folks aware. It's even more important these days.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.