Are There Members Besides Me That Have Covid ?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

John: I've never taken any precautions since Cuomo took his boot off our necks in June 2020. I immediately started going out to lunch with my buddies 6 days a week and have ever since. Went to parties a few times, go shopping as needed, went to relatives for Turkey Day and Christmas last year -- although the crowd was sparse.

As someone said: "There's more to life than avoiding COVID." But that's up to everyone to decide for themselves -- assuming the government leaves us the hell alone.

Thanks for the info on zinc (and the oxy stuff) I guess I was unaware of that.

Miatas are great cars, according to every test I've ever read on them, and according to a friend who had one. I've toyed with the idea of buying one. :) I had to have my Vette towed twice since June. I'm getting too old for that stuff.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Have you thought of home delivery? We use it down here for grocery's. Of course we have to go to some appt's but don't go if we don't have to.
    We use Shipt for 14.99 a month and a tip to the delivery girl. They have always been very thourough and nice. They bring it othe porch,then knock aat door when done. They call from store to make sure the order s right and to ask if something is out of stock if we would like alternate.
    We only get a couple delivery's a month.

https://www.shipt.com/

Get the things you need from stores you trust.
    Order everything from groceries to household essentials for

[​IMG]

John Brunner likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Bobby not tring to get inbetween your and Hal's little spat but hope your careful too with this virus. We try to be .

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thanks. I'll check it out. I don't know what's available in my part of this county.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Bruce Andrew

Registered

I read recently that the Spanish Flu virus is still out there, and still infecting a small amount of people although it has mutated to being nearly harmless to most.

The problem with the Fauci virus is that it mutated for the worse instead of better -- possibly caused by the large amount of people who've gotten the jab and that has interrupted the normal trend of viruses to become less problematic. Or at least that's the current thinking of some, as I understand it. It's very complicated.

No jab here either, I'm 71 and thin, no comorbidities. I refuse to alter my life in ways that are known to not work. If I get it anyway and it kills me, so be it. It's not about health anymore (if it ever was) it's about defying a tyrannical government.

7. John Brunner

You know you can do a county-level check.

Every once in a while I go here to get the latest stats.

Scroll down to your state (listed in descending order of #cases), click the arrow to the left of Florida to get a list of counties (listed in descending order of #cases), then click on the graph icon by that county to choose the number of cases and the number of COVID-labeled deaths (selected at the top of that graph.) You can see the running total, or just the New Cases/New Death by date by clicking on the one to exclude. Run your cursor over the graph to see daily data pop up. Play with it if you like and let me know if you got questions.

The downside to this stuff is that it lacks context.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thanks John will check it out.:cool:

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Right. The vaccine keeps the viruses that "leak" past the vaccine antibodies going strong instead of allowing them to attenuate in the normal fashion. The entire vaccine thing may have saved some lives in the older, more vulnerable populations at the expense of endangering the younger, more vital people. So sad really.

10. John Brunner

Temp this morning was 97.9°F (I don't ever recall being below 98°F, but I rarely take my temp)
    O2 this morning was 97%

Chest is a little aching off & on, but nothing major and not continuous. Heck, it could be stress.

Don Alaska and Bruce Andrew like this.
  11. Bruce Andrew

Registered

dance circle.gif

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Bruce Andrew

Registered

For several months now I've been listening to reports from around the world of people hospitalized with covid, and the numbers vary (depending on country) and from 40-50-60% of them were fully jabbed.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. John Brunner

I appreciate that. But I've read of "studies" showing that less than 50% of COVID patients ever got a fever.

My personal opinion is that such "studies" are meant to keep us in a state of uncertainty, and that the facts that have likely been gathered and aggregated (after all, we have the technology...and this is a pandemic ;)), and the facts likely contradict those "studies." But paranoia runs deep...

14. John Brunner

****************************************​
    In the Republic of Ireland, however, health officials are running out of people to blame. This has becoming embarrassingly obvious in County Waterford. As reported in the Irish Times, the nation’s establishment newspaper, two of the three most COVID-infected electoral areas in Ireland are located in the county “with the highest rate of vaccination in the country.” In Waterford, a remarkable 99.7 percent of adults over the age of 18 is fully vaccinated.
    ****************************************​

Link

That being said, these days I believe no one to be 100% intellectually honest, or perhaps no one has all the truth.

I've been reading American Thinker recently, where one article spits on the ineffectiveness of masks while another article blames Obama's unmasked birthday party for the only spike in COVID cases experienced on Martha's Vineyard. Sure, they are different authors, but they [obviously] can't both be right. Perhaps the publication's intellectual honesty is evidenced by the fact that conflicting opinions are permitted...but opinions do conflict.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

my normal temp is 97.4 for years. body temps vary thru out the day like BP
    Slap some Vicks vapor rub on you tonight take aspirin. call me in the morning:)P S. be sure and wash that Vicks off in the morning!