As We Await The New Year!

Discussion in 'Evolution of Language' started by Joe Riley, Dec 27, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They cannot break our spirit. They cannot destroy our connection to each other.

The sun shall continue to shine, the moon shall continue to glow (certain phases excepted), and the stars shall always been there awaiting us on cloudless nights. The birds shall continue to sing (and poop on our cars), the deer (and the roos) shall continue to challenge each other to "Go ahead, she's not going that fast!"

At the end of the day, those who try to destroy us shall be who they are, and we shall be who we are.
    I know who the winners (and the losers) are in that transaction.

Illegitimi non carborundum
    To use a more common form of that language: on't-day et-lay e-thay astards-bay ind-gray ou-yay own-day.
    Don't let the bastards grind you down.

appy-Hay ew-Nay ears-Yay, ois-Lay!!!

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. John Brunner

I did not know you were still working, Al. Weren't you most recently driving a school bus, or do I misremember?

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

My job was being care giver....I drove a school bus back in early 90s.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

A Prayer for Hope in the New Year. Dear Lord, As the new year begins, I look to You for our hope, joy, and peace. Give me the courage to do all that You ask of me. Please also make me brave to not do what isn't from You. Show me how to walk in grace and embrace Your love for me even more. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Hugs, Lois. I had the same thoughts. I am starting to think we expect our representatives to actually represent us but they don't, mostly, and haven't. This is not a recent trend. I have been trying to find a way to help improve things in my own small way. We have a volunteer program in our town to teach people to read. There are other things I am capable of doing to help. Just need to find the best fit.
    Like that prayer "...and the wisdom to know the difference."

Lois Winters and John Brunner like this.
  6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I wasn't disappointed. Here in assisted living, we had 7 staff members and 4 residents test positive for COVID. Or at least positive for an infectious virus. That's all a swab will tell you. Blood tests are required for a positive COVID diagnosis. But, it's being treated as COVID. NJ is just wigging out over the uptick in cases, although they, for the most part seem to be mild this time around.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  7. John Brunner

I worked a couple of non-profits for a while. One of them for 7 years and one for 5 years. Both of them shut down due to lack of $$ and lack of volunteers. You would really enjoy it, Mary. It is so satisfying.