At This Point In Your Life Which Is More Important - Sex Or Intimacy?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Well-Known Member
    Registered

I had no idea that my words would be taken in such a literal sense. I write my words with the colors in my mind. If you see them as only black and white, I have no remedy for that. I didn't intend to discuss anything I said this much. I meant no harm and I still mean none.

2. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm not so sure that we actually like it less. If I still had a mate I'd still be active. But at this point...nobody is even looking at it let alone showing any interest and frankly I can do without the added drama in my life. My mother (God bless her) has informed me that if I don't use it I will lose it. LMBO! Since it's not being used for anything anymore I hardly see how it matters at this point.

3. Marci Miller

Registered

4. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks for sharing.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Damn it, Beth you just spoiled our secret. I cannot believe you finally broke under Mr. Tanner's interrogation.

You missed your calling Alonzo, you should have become a priest.

6. Marci Miller

Registered

I don't view anything on this thread as being intended to be harmful. What's a discussion without the talking?

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Hope you are sitting down Bobby because I agree! I don't consider the state laws and a state-issued marriage license a marriage. For me, marriage is when two can make lifetime comments in front of witnesses and mean it. The way I see it and my requirements are that love must come first, then sensuality, then after a lifetime commitment, sex. Being a widow of 50 years I have heard over and over, "Well, how do I know we can make it work if we don't have sex? What if we make the commitment then, one of us is disappointed? We are both adults so why not take a test run?" My answer was, "If you love me and make the commitment, then I will never be disappointed even if you become incapable of performing the act, but since you asked this question, I can see where your priorities lie."

8. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Elleyn you know that in acturality we don't match emotionally.
    Yall watch rhis video,you know you want to lol,I think it preety much sums it up

9. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sex to me is just having a f - - - with someone or anyone. I prefer making love which is what a loving couple indulge in. It was always a very important part of our life but as major surgery nine years ago left me unable to have sex intimacy has become the most important thing for us.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Why the hell introduce a ridiculous thread like this?

Sex and intimacy is the concern of the individual, not something to be smeared all over the discussion group!

You responders should be equally ashamed in answering this garbage!

Harold Pollner

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Take it a little easy Hal and relax. All that from a guy who likes to tell dirty jokes?
    There’s not one reply thus far that has indicated anything close to being too personal. Everyone is just giving their view of which is more important to them and from my view, I don’t see anything that shouldn’t be taught to a 7th grade kid.

To be sure, if the whole thread was about sex all by itself, I wouldn’t see anything dirty about that either provided that nothing dirty was integrated into the conversation.

Hoot Crawford and Beth Gallagher like this.
  12. Bibbi Wright

Registered

@Hal Pollner You could have just chosen to ignore this thread as I choose to ignore certain threads.

13. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

No, Bibbi...I don't want anyone on this Forum to know that ignored it...it's a matter of pride!

By admitting you ignored it, you're actually taking a position on the subject...didn't you know that?

Hal

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So, what’s the real problem Hal?
    I know for a FACT that you’re no prude and as far as taking a moralistic stand on the subject of sex OR intimacy you have continually tried to write off color words and jokes on this very forum for which a few have had to be deleted. My goodness, about a year or so ago you even asked the powers that be if there could be a dirty joke thread.

There are many threads that you haven’t written a single word in because it doesn’t interest you so why not take @Bibbi Wright’s suggestion and if the thread doesn’t interest you or offends you then don’t read or write in it.

So now, again, what’s the real problem?

Beth Gallagher and Hoot Crawford like this.
  15. Bibbi Wright

Registered

@Hal Pollner Of course I know that I’m taking a position on subjects I choose to ignore.

I also note that you respond to my comments but not to @Bobby Cole I wonder why?

During the short time I’ve been a member here I’ve seen a multitude of threads and posts that I find preposterous, offensive and sometimes downright stupid. However I don’t post replies ranting at the posters and responders and telling them they should be ashamed of themselves.

Due to a severe illness followed by extremely radical surgery in which among other things I lost all my reproductive organs and external genitalia I am no longer able to have sex and chose to respond on this thread to express my view on the matter.

If this offends your sensibilities then I suggest you just walk on by.

I now consider this exchange to be closed and will refrain from further comment.

Bobby Cole likes this.