Auto Parts And Sales

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We need a 2.4 head for old pickup. So far Auto Zone, Rock Auto, can't find one.
    Anyone know where we may find one for 1986 Nissan King Cab.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I guess you mean a 2.4L head.

One thing I'll throw out there are places that sell rebuilds, like Jasper. Call them and ask for leads.
    (800) 827-7455 Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm EST

I guess your husband knows about getting the existing one resurfaced (I forget if it's cracked or not.)

Option 2 would be to find a parts car and hope the head is good/get it resurfaced. The auto parts stores should be able to tell you what years & models you could find that motor in...and maybe the engine is in makes other than Nissan.

Maybe it's junkyard time.

Here's the search results to Nissan Truck forums. Maybe you can get some help there.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

He thought about taking it to a machine shop but then he heard somebody had tro0uble at one. Personally, I think its a good idea, then if they mess it up it'll be a big fat " I told you so".

It shoots water out the spark plugs 1 and 2. It's a 4 cylinder but it has 8 spark plugs.

Thanks John I wrote down the phone number. Get him to call Monday first thing.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Man, every hot-rodder and shade tree mechanic in the world runs his (or her) stuff through machine shops. No one can build/rebuild an engine without a machine shop. Just find a reputable one.

I am no mechanic, but that water-shooting sounds like the water jacket. Something is cracked. It might even be the block, right? Machining [probably] won't help.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

John he hates my van and I now hate his little sawed-off truck. I understand him not liking to work on my van but at least it's not always a mystery. He did want a bigger truck, but we wouldn't go that deep in dept. Well after considering the results, dept may have been the way to go.

John Brunner likes this.