Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

That term is called 'hyperlinking' or simply 'hyperlink' Frank OR by using an online app called URL shortener. Can be browsed by Google or Bing.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's the subject of this thread.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

First, type the word you wanted to put a hyperlink, say the word HERE. Hover your mouse over it and right click on your mouse. Once the menu applet appears, click hyperlink on it and put the designated URL where you need to refer on the word HERE for the reader to click on it. (Sorry, I cant type much. I've got sticky key errors right now on my keyboard. But will edit this reply later to give a better example.)

5. Ken Anderson

We have an awful lot of people who aren't using avatars. While most of them are ones who haven't posted much, or at all, some are people who participate in the forum regularly. Please consider adding an avatar to your account, as things look much prettier that way, and posts are easier to follow.. An avatar doesn't have to be a photo. It can be any image, even that of solid color if that's what you want. If you need any help adding an avatar please ask me.

6. Ken Anderson

As you know from previous posts, it annoys me to see member accounts without avatars. We have a lot of them right now, but most of them are people who have created accounts and not posted, either because they prefer to lurk, because they are simply waiting for a chance to spam the forum, or because they created the account in an idle moment and forgot about it. These accounts are deleted eventually, but I don't like to be too quick to do that, so what I've been doing is simply assigning avatars to those who are not active in the forum and do not have an avatar. If they come back to the forum, they can simply replace it with one of their choosing. I thought I'd post that because you'll probably be seeing some silly looking avatars. My intention is not to do this for anyone who is actually participating in the forum, although I won't swear that I won't hit someone accidentally at some point.

For fun, I did that with some of our recent spammers, but I'll probably use a generic image saying "Please Upload an Avatar" for the bulk of them.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  7. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to change mine with the seasons/ Easter / Christmas / new year ... ....and call me a big "kid" I like Minnie and Micky mouse ....by the way dear @Ken Anderson :D was you going to add some extra smilies for us some time :)
    Thank you ..

Ken Anderson likes this.
  8. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey I changed my avatar today .... I think I've mentioned it before that hubs and myself 's hobby is social ballroom dancing .,so when I seen this one today I just had to have it :):D
    I think our avatars tend to tell a story of who we are
    @Gloria Mitchell your photo/ avatar is nice you are a lucky lady having such a nice clear complexion ,my father had red hair,and I inherited his complexion

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kate Ellery ... thank you , my hair color is shall we say "enhanced " a bit;)

Kate Ellery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson ".........what I've been doing is simply assigning avatars to those who are not active......
    Here's what happened on a Car Forum I correspond with. One evening as I worked from thread to thread, every time I had occasion to enter my username, what showed up instead was "peanutbutterjellysandwich". My username has 3 letters, so this kind of rankled me, and I commented rather negatively in the Forum Use section.

Next day, a Mod whose avatar is labeled "Mod Nerd", (I didn't realize he was really a Mod, till then), explained it was a joke perpetrated by "one of the Mods". See what I get from this episode? It infers unlimited control and complete exposure as chosen by the Mods.......
    Frank

11. Ken Anderson

I understand (I think), but they can replace the Avatar I give them with one of their own any time they want.

12. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Okay, okay, I finally put an avatar on. When I put a picture of the St. Augustine lighthouse it fell over. :eek:

Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Was wonder myself why once in a while an photo avatar will roll over on its side.

14. Ken Anderson

If you haven't uploaded an Avatar, please do that. It's not an absolute requirement, but perhaps a strong request. Things are much prettier and a little easier to follow conversations when the participants have an Avatar. Your Avatar does not need to be your photo; you can use someone else's photo if you really want to, or a flower, a pile of dung lying on the ground, or pretty much whatever you want, within reason.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Everybody likes my angel. The times Ive put my own photo on I always get a request for the angel, not just on this forum but others.

Kind of insulting, lolololol.

Ken Anderson likes this.