Beating The Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 23, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The only thing I would say is to change each variable one-by-one to see how they impact your risk. The type of mask (your and others) makes a big difference, as does vax status. Of course, that tool is only a rough guide to relative risk...it is not some scientific quantification of anything.

Regarding needing a booster...if you have places you go or activities you do that require you to be "fully vaxxed," I read that the CDC may require boosters in order to meet that requirement, if they've not made that ruling already.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  2. John Brunner

I posted links to a forum where folks were struggling with vaccine mandates on the job. Here are a couple of links to threads started by infected folks who are having the worse of the worse reactions to COVID, one of whom is hospitalized with plummeting O2 levels (in the 70s.) There are first-person stories of guys in their 40s who hit the gym 3x a week getting their butts kicked, and second-hand stories of older "out of shape" co-morbidity folks merely having flu-like experiences.

I figured I'd put these here for observations and to add a perspective (and experiences) from those who have not been so lucky in this thing.

Top Level COVID Forum
    Thread With Multiple Sick Folks Posting
    More First-Hand Stories

There seems to be a common theme that if respiratory issues are gonna hit, they'll start around Day 8-Day 10. Apparently that's when lung inflammation kicks in.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I was in a Whataburger today, that was packed! No masks, even me. i hope those dang shots still work!

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

By the time the real respiratory issues begin, you are generally no longer contagious, and your immune system is just on a rampage. This is especially true if you already had Covid, then got the vaccine. If you get sick then, you are in deep trouble.

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Morning laugh Iin the Dominican Republic Large supper market in the capital saying you can not enter without vaccine card. The supper market is open and no one inside except staff

6. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

("Supermarket" . . . ?)

That's pretty funny. I wonder how that's all going to shake down in this country. So far, nothing like that around here.

However, going into a major supermarket yesterday, I would say between 1/3 to 1/2 of the customers had face diapers on even though they are not required.

John Nopales likes this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

All the small markets across the countryside not even a mask in sight. We have three growing seasons every year so no starvation

John Nopales likes this.
  8. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am going to sound rather harsh here when I say "Masks are juvenile face diapers for sheep-like people who can't think for themselves and have no sense of of the size of things (e.g., covid particles/molecules and openings in masks to take in air) or physics in general. They are mostly a compliance, not covid prevention, issue.

9. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There is an interesting article in American Thinker that suggests vaccinations may not be doing all that much to stop covid. It also wonders who or what the scapegoat will be when vaccination levels near 100% and covid is still spreading.

10. John Brunner

Actually, I posted the A.T. articles you may be thinking of, John. Great minds oft tread the same path ;) And you were likely in front of me.

Here's an A.T. October 16 article titled "The Unvaccinated Are Looking Smarter Every Week."

Here's an A.T. October 25 article [today] about a county in Ireland with a Fully Vaccinated Rate of 99.7% in adults over the age of 18, containing two of the three most COVID-infected electoral areas in the nation. This article wonders the same thing you just pointed out: who they gonna blame for this?? In fact, the article's title is "As vaccination rates climb near 100% in some areas, the problem is finding people to blame for continuing COVID cases"

Here's a non-A.T. article where nurses are putting themselves on the unemployment line rather that getting the shot, because they see that 80% of the people in the E.R. are fully vaccinated in a county where those folks only represent 40% of the population. Even if the devil is in the details, having just a handful of vaccinated folks in the E.R. disproves the efficacy. 80% is damning. Gee, why aren't people listening to our "heroes" now?

As I type this, it occurs to me that the next move is gonna be to have hospitals exempt medical personnel from getting the shot so they can keep their [revenue] doors open, but the doctors and nurses gotta sign non-disclosure agreements vowing to not breathe a word of it, even as their pictures are used as Vax Advocates.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    John Nopales and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Here is a link to a compilation of metanalysis of what is known about Covid prevention.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

Gee, thanks for covering my reading list for the next 6 months ;)

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree with all of that. :)

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

We have several threads about Dr. Fauci's virus, so let's please try not to bleed them all together. This one is about ways to beat the virus rather than hiding from it. You may or may not consider the thing that they're calling vaccinations to be a way of beating the virus, but we have separate vaccination threads. I started this thread at a time when the mainstream mantra was encouraging everyone to hide under their beds with a couple of diapers on their face until a vaccine was available.

That didn't make sense to me. What made more sense was to find ways in which we can boost our immune systems in order to beat the virus and come out of it with natural immunity, given that, if it was a fraction as communicable as they were saying it was, it would find us eventually anyhow. If it finds you after you have hidden out for a year and a half with masks on your face, you're not going to have much of an immune system on which to depend.

There are several recommendations on supplements intended to boost the immune system, but we should be aware that supplements are not necessarily harmless, particularly when it comes to taking large volumes or a large variety of supplements. While I don't at all trust our current medical system to keep me safe, given that they've spent a couple of years lying to us, that doesn't mean that I necessarily trust everyone who wants to sell snake oil online.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Don Alaska likes this.