Before Internet

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Kate Ellery, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, one thing I didn't really do was "enjoy my childhood" much.

Instead of spending my Saturday nights watching Lawrence Welk with step-parents, I could have been in my room playing either XBox or the Wii Game. Now, when I spent a weekend at my cousin's house, that was definitely fun!

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I live with n a fairly small town of about 3500 people . There is another 3 small towns about 20 km South ,north and east of me with a total population of about 13.000
    I like the internet for interacting with people ,for myself and many other older people it would be a fairly isolated existence without the technology we have today ...Call us "old" kids we also play games on our Wii like tennis ,tenpin bowling ,table tennis
    So keep up the posting members it's always good to see what's going on in the big wide world

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kate Ellery "Santa" brought my Honey and me a Wii quite a few years ago and we love ours too. Besides the Sports games we have for it like bowling, golf, tennis, etc. we also have the games of shuffleboard, darts, pool, horseshoes, etc. And then there is the mind games like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Smarter than a Fifth Grader, Millionaire, etc. Every Christmas except this past one I have added a new game or two for us to enjoy. The last ones were Family Night Board games like Yazee, Battleship, etc. We also have some Carnival games. We really enjoy our Wii and it has entertained us many a day and night. :)

I love having the Internet in my Senior years too. Besides socializing with my Family, socializing on the Internet is my other favorite way of doing this. The Internet is a real blessing to my life these days as almost everything you may want to do is right there at your fingertips. :)

Kate Ellery and Holly Saunders like this.