Best Novel I Ever Read

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Richard Whiting, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Eric Larson and David McCullough write the best historical books I have ever read about Americans. There a so many about famous people by different authors as well that I enjoy.

I hate any book that is trashy. Right now, I am reading a historical novel about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

2. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

After years of never finding a copy to replace my damaged one, I've found it anew!

In the late 70s early 80s, Robin Cook was the author I preferred to read.

Searching online today, while watching the films trilogy of The Mummy with Brendan Fraser, I've found at https://www.waterstones.com/book/sphinx/robin-cook/9780230765580

Sphinx by Robin Cook and while we're in the store we'll probably get his book Pandemic. Now, as it's Robin Cook, it'll be good reading. Later!

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Caitlin, I've always loved history even in grade school. I never went back much further than ancient scholars, Like Cecero, Cesar, Norse and Viking and some on Middle East, Gar East up to American history. I have forgotten some of it.

Caitlin D Burnside likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Has anyone here read anything by Graham Greene? Until he died, he was credited with being the best living author in the English language. He wrote everything--fiction (novels and entertainments), non-fiction (mostly travel guides and his autobiography) as well as scene plays and TV scripts.

5. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

"A day without learning, is a day lost..." Quote from my beloved Papa.

Just try to read about these people on Wikipedia and more. It helps to keep it afore in your mind. Cheers!

PS I'm a huge history buff. I've done tons of research for my historical, paranormal romance series ehehe.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.