Biden Justice Department Raids Trump's Mar-a-lago Home

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Don Alaska, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Yahoo.com headlines were very negative about this:eek:

Don Alaska and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

All the criminals are on committee for congress and roam the congressional hallway. Every crook that was helping hillary with her coup attempt is still involved with the coup and I hope most of them hang. There is no ONE justice for all in America thanks to these worthless slugs. It is common knowledge for everyone that a coup was attempted and I don't want to hear the language watered down for these tyrants. They deserve the death penalty for trying to steal every last Americans vote, we have but one each and we bit the bullet when that wench was caught red handed and lost. They have committed so many crimes against America and the people they think they're smart. They are emboldened because they have the NO justice department bought and paid for, but things can change very fast if the Republicans will only do their duty if they win the house and senate. Get every one of them in front of a hearing and if they refuse then do the same to them as this crooked AG has done to conservatives,. put them in leg irons and parade them in front of all the media because these are the real criminals and a danger to America and as slow joe says Democracy. I have to giggle every time that half wit talks about losing Democracy. What to heck does that half wit know about Democracy.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The media will always be negative about anything Trump wins. Apparently a question of Executive Privilege has also arisen, so that will in all likelihood have to go to the Supreme Court in October, as they dealt with it during Nixon's issues I believe. Oddly, Hillary never had the ability to declassify unless she was the originator, and did not have any Executive Privilege, but she could destroy records under subpoena with impunity. Does anyone have a yellow "M" on their chest yet?

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Now they are saying it would be possible to appeal just the stay on investigations using the documents, without appealing the special master. That might be something the DOJ would do.

Don Alaska and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  6. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

They know they are wrong and now worried this is going to snowball on all of them before it is finished. Who would you rather have anything secret, Trump or the Village Idiot.

7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

They could appeal all or any part of the decision, but since the specter of Executive Privilege has been brought into the fray, things could get interesting, as, if overturned, it would open the files of every previous president to examination and possible prosecution. If that were done every time the White House changed hands, it would certainly doom the republic.

Yvonne Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

But everyone knows "they" don't care about any other previous president. "They" are just trying to pull out all the stops in case Trump runs again.

9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Many of what the Dems have done in the past have turned around to bite them in the butt later. Harry Reid removing the filibuster allowed Trump to get a record number of judges confirmed in a single term. I know there are other examples that don't immediately come to mind, but you get the idea. They seem to be single-minded in their approach to things, but don't understand what precedents and rule changes can do. I am sure the so-called mainstream Republicans would like Trump removed from the scene too, but I just saw a poll yesterday that showed the voters most opposed to Biden are those under 25, normally a Democrat stronghold. They especially reacted to his "Nazi" speech in Philadelphia, and the unions can no longer get the rank-and-file to turn out for his rallies and speeches in many places. It seems there is a strong undercurrent flowing that the political establishment doesn't see. There are very large demonstrations occurring in many places in Europe that are not being covered by U.S. media and are censored on some social media platforms. They see the winter coming and what their politicians have done to them, so it is not just the American voters that are unhappy.

10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't see why it would be necessary to overturn executive privilege. Don't think the actual words in these documents have much to do with the case, except to verify at least some of them belong to the government (National Archives).

Surely the prosecutors don't intend to read aloud the contents of the classified documents. It wouldn't serve any purpose. It's the fact that they were taken from the premises where they belong, with apparently no intention of returning them. Don't you think?

11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I understood that the judge in the case raised the question of Executive Privilege, not the Trump attorneys. I don't know for sure. Presidents back as far back as Clinton have done exactly the same thing, but Trump was the first persecuted for doing so. The Presidential Records Act is a civil statute, not a criminal one, and should be addressed through the courts not by a raid on a person's home. The entire story behind the raid just appears to be "investigating a person in search of a crime", just as the entire Mueller investigation was. It just sets a bad precedent and makes it appear that Biden is very afraid of a possible political opponent. The precedent would allow other chief executives to suffer the same fate should their opponents gain office. As I mentioned, it seems to be Watergate on a much larger scale and in the open assuming media protection. What was done by a few renegade agents in the 70s has become weaponizing the DOJ against a possible political opponent.

Thomas Stillhere and Al Amoling like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The goal was 1) to concoct a crime; 2) to persuade a willing media that a crime has been committed; and 3) to find any embarrassing thing that can be leaked to the media prior to an election.

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

yup, it is just the ongoing persecution of Trump to make sure he can't run again. His intestinal fortitude is amazing. Something a true leader should have. Something Biden does not. But he can't be running again.:confused:

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

This is commentary on a piece of research by Tucker Carlson. Even if you hate Donald Trump, this should send shivers down your spine if you are an American. Absolutely
    terrifying to me:

Commentary

Thomas Stillhere likes this.