Biden Justice Department Raids Trump's Mar-a-lago Home

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Don Alaska, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hillary destroyed records that she knew were being sought. We have different rules for Democrats it seems, even when the Republicans have the majority.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I believe the documents were even under subpoena when she knowingly destroyed them. "Subpoena" means "under penalty" but obviously there was no penalty for her.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I did not know that Chevron was up for review...THAT will make heads explode.

Regarding government...I have a theory that Americans have been sold on this idea that everything can be resolved and there's no ambiguity to life and we can be Forever Children whose existences are never disrupted (lots of money is made by selling this idea.) And since We The People are government, enough of us willingly give up Power for Security on behalf of everyone (as was foreseen by Franklin, I believe) because that Administrative State will never say "No" to more power. It always gets worse as time goes on. I recently heard a talking head say that Madison foretold the day when people would view The Fed as "government" and forget all about their republic. I do not know what Madison believed the driver to be: human nature, mission-creep, etc.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I am told the Chevron decision is coming up regarding a gun manufacturing case in the fall, but I don't know the specifics on it. As I have said before, true conservatives have that as the target, not Roe v. Wade. The Roe case has been decided, but Chevron will destroy the political class as we know it if overturned.

5. John Brunner

Agreed 100%. I hate to say that protection of the unborn is a back-burner issue, but Chevron is the keystone of the corrupt administrative state. Roe might provide political fodder, but that's about it regarding how we are governed.

If Chevron is overturned, I expect the Dems to screw with the makeup of the court. RESIST!!!

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. John Brunner

7. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

8. John Brunner

9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

According to the redacted affidavit released today (supporting the FBI search), seems likely some of the documents sitting in the basement at Mar-a-Lago might have had information that could lead to the identification of US human foreign sources (spies).

I remember when there was shock that the US seemed to be able to predict what the Russians' next military move would be in the initial invasion of Ukraine. It often contradicted Zelensky, who everyone assumed would have better information than the US.

They said Putin became paranoid about it. Looking for informants. I bet there was some shaking in boots over there. Hopefully the informants already got out of Dodge, if necessary.

upload_2022-8-26_13-6-8.png

Mary Stetler likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

A picture that was released of the “sensitive documents” seized from Mar A Lago.
    The government waited well over a year to rescue these sensitive documents, so either they were too busy or the documents were not that vital to be removed.
    This picture is part of what they posted on Twitter. I imagine that these magazine covers are pretty sensitive and must be protected from being stolen.

8DD4E756-E126-4664-AC37-BD0B372C364E.jpeg

12. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The only spies are sitting in the oval office. This attacking political opponents using a corrupt doj and others is already past the line of a coup attempt, still in progress. It will lead to a major civil war in the very near future. The most criminal corrupt people ever elected and holding that seat for almost 50 years has made them contemptible and dangerous. Allowing hundreds of thousands of foreign nationals to enter our country illegally is already an impeachable offense. Handing out our un budgeted tax dollars to common strangers is another impeachable offense. Killing contracted debt is another crime when the killer has no authority to do such a misguided corrupt thing trying to buy a few more votes at our expense. I would love to see them all hang before I die. We have no government, only a corrupted bunch of mob fools hell bent on destroying the nation. They have made the national debt so high it will never ever be paid off or even reduced. They do this every time there is an election cycle so they can pull in all the freeloaders to vote. Now should they decide to indict Trump we should all demand to have hillary and that bunch of thieving morons also indicted and that also means those corrupt AGs while the kenyan was still in office, their lawless actions have all gone unpunished due to having a gutless Republican Party while they had the authority to do something about it. Civil war is coming ! They have no morals or care about the US, it is simply a crime syndicate occupied by a bunch of mule faced morons. If you could stand them all side by side in the Roman Empire the resemblance would be shocking. If Trump does not run I will not support any Republican, we won't be any worse off than we already are.

13. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Looking at it another way, the FBI raid on Trump is sucking the wind out of news about how bad things are. It's a big distraction that people are playing into by talking about the raid, FBI, AG, etc.instead of the country's problems and issues. Trump himself is helping the democrats by generating news about the raid and the FBI/AG instead of making news about the country's problems. Trump needs to focus on people being hurt by this administration, not his problems with the raid.

14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Trump is very egocentric, but like he said, "They aren't after me. They are after YOU and I am in the way." He wanted initially to control the narrative. The Biden Administration thought they could control how news of the raid was released, but Trump took over the narrative by releasing news of the raid while it was still going on. I am sure the administration is trying to find things to take attention away from the problems they have largely created, but whether they are successful or not will determine the election in November.

Mary Stetler and Krystal Shay like this.
  15. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Trump's not really in the way. Trump's just a noisy distraction who should walk softly and speak to solutions.

Beth Gallagher likes this.