Biden

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The 2 different flavors of Justice that we see now … appalling.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Fact Check: Correct

upload_2023-2-2_22-53-55.png

4. John Brunner

Yeh, that's the going response. Except the guy on the right got fired for stealing women's luggage (and the scrumptious contents) at airports...multiple times.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

But his lipstick looks so on-point with his mustache. :D

6. John Brunner

It's a parody. I don't know what of...

7. John Brunner

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-irs-plans-crack-down-waiters-tips

*****************************************************************​
    The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) proposed a revenue procedure this week to crack down on the service industry's reporting of tips.

The Service Industry Tip Compliance Agreement (SITCA) program would be a voluntary tip reporting system in which the IRS and service industry companies cooperate, according to the announcement Monday. As part of the proposal, the IRS will give the public until early May to provide feedback on the program before implementing it.

"Those 87,000 new IRS agents that you were promised would only target the rich," tweeted Mike Palicz, federal affairs manager at Americans for Tax Reform. "They're coming after waitresses' tips now."

According to the IRS, the program would seek to "improve tip reporting compliance," reduce administrative burdens and provide more transparency and certainty to taxpayers.
    *****************************************************************​

Weren't we told they were only going after the $400,000 and up crowd?

Gary O'Dan and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Anyone who understood anything about government knew that the "going after the rich" was a lie to get the bill past the stupid, naïve, and uninformed. The only real answer is to pass a "Fair Tax" bill, but that won't happen any time soon.

9. John Brunner

Yup.

1-They won't relinquish the coercive value the tax code provides.
    2-They won't lose the ability to keep track of how much each of us earns.

Of course, a National Sales Tax would really hurt our demographic, since many of us no longer pay income tax.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It might not hurt as much as you think. The last time I checked, the tax on the first $35,000 would be rebated to you. Supposedly that would be inflation-adjusted. You would have to keep your spending under that figure and perhaps barter for the rest, as I believe a substantial barter network would develop should it be passed. There would be no tracking however. There would just be an assumption that each person would spend that amount every year to meet their basic needs.

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Biden claimed during his State of the Union speech (AKA campaign speech) on Tuesday that Republicans wanted to "sunset" Social Security and Medicare, eliciting boos from the assembled GOP lawmakers.
    "Some Republicans want Medicare and Social Security to sunset," Biden claimed.

Look at this.

President Biden, while still a senator for Delaware, introduced legislation to sunset all federal programs, including Social Security and Medicare, Fox News Digital has learned.
    In 1975, while Biden was in the upper chamber of Congress, the now-president put forward a bill requiring all federal programs to sunset after four years.
    Biden doubled down on his legislation in the '90s, saying on the Senate floor that his bill would affect Social Security.
    "When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security, as well," Biden said. "I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits."
    "I meant every single solitary thing in the federal government," he said. "And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time."

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Fox is showing a clip of him saying that. What a moron.

I noticed a headline on Yahoo today, that bastion of conservative bullshit. It said, "Biden Mops the Floor With Republicans With State of the Union Address." Seriously? I guess I missed that part.

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

How about getting all the money back from Ukraine and giving all the money from kickbacks to the government. I would rather we stop policing the world without pay. Kick the UN off the state of NY. Also, no support for illegal aliens. And no more experimenting on animals to gain function in viruses.
    We can disband the FBI, CDC, FDA, IRS, CIA and many other corrupt agencies for some more pocket change.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

If you go back to the Constitution, the CIA may be constitutional but the others probably are not. The IRS requires you to testify against yourself and be prosecuted by an extrajudicial court. The others have powers that should be in the states' jurisdiction. They all came out of the Progressive movement of the early 20th century and from Congress failing the American people by delegating their powers to the Executive Branch

15. John Brunner

We're not policing the world, nor are many entitlement programs helping those in need. They are both providing cover for unaccountable sums of monies to get doled out to the well-connected.

Mary Stetler and Thomas Windom like this.