Bigfoot / Sasquatch / Yeti

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 19, 2017.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yup. And you'll hear people remind us that for all the times we walk in the woods, we never (or very rarely) come across the remains of bear. They just go off somewhere we'll never find them and die...and there's a lot more of them than there are Bigfeet. Heck, I got bear around me and I've only seen them a couple of times, and that's when I had something in my trash that attracted them. Folks here will see bear dash across the road occasionally, but that's about the only glimpse they ever get.

I had a guy on the adjoining property tell me that he would put out food scraps for the deer and sometimes set up his game cam so he could see what he has on his property. He said that one evening he set up the camera and put out watermelon rinds, and when he pulled the SD card the next day he saw a pic of himself at 7:00PM dumping the rinds, then a pic at 7:15PM of a bear eating them! He figures the bear was waiting in the woods for him to drop off the food (he never saw the bear), so he stopped doing that. I cracked up. I got no idea how far back his family has lived here...he should know better.

2. John Brunner

It just occurred to me that people refer to them as "Skunk Apes." Is that a universal thing? Do all Bigfoot/Sasquatch stink? I can see the Yeti getting a pass on this due to diet and climate, but what about these North American critters. Are they often smelt even if they are not seen?

Tony Page likes this.
  3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

From all the investigative shows that I've watched on Finding Bigfoot they all have an odor make that a strong odor.
    The skunk ape is a Bigfoot type creature it is only found in Florida as far as I know.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

You are correct, Sir. The Skunk Ape Research Headquarters is in Ochopee.

This 22 year old video was posted by the Smithsonian. The poor quality was due to the technology of the time...I guess.

If they told me that climate change was endangering Bigfoot, I'd switch to an electric car...I care that much.
    And tying those two things together is really the only way to give either one the veracity they deserve.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Many times the investigators, researches, Hunters, smell the bigfoot odor, before they glanced the creature.
    I kind of remember that there are two different tribes a Bigfoot one is more vicious.
    There is evidence of their existence footprints, DNA, structures, photos, but it's all considered circumstantial, apparently science wants a body dead or alive.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. John Brunner

I was unaware that there were definitive DNA samples. I vaguely recall tufts of hair that were inconclusive...I think.

I can't see anyone but the most fringe of people killing one...they are too humanoid.

Tony Page likes this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Here is one article about DNA findings, however the scientific community feels that the samples were contaminated by human DNA.
    'Bigfoot' Is Part Human, DNA Study Claims

By Benjamin Radford published November 27, 2012

Genetic testing confirms the legendary Bigfoot is a human relative that arose some 15,000 years ago — at least according to a press release issued by a company called DNA Diagnostics detailing supposed work by a Texas veterinarian.
    The release and alleged study by Melba S. Ketchum also suggests such cryptids had sex with modern human females that resulted in hairy hominin hybrids, but the scientific community is dubious about her claim.

"A team of scientists can verify that their five-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called 'Bigfoot' or 'Sasquatch,' living in North America," the release reads. "Researchers' extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago."

This week on Expedition Bigfoot they collected hairs that will be tested also let's see what it shows.

8. John Brunner

In other words, "This yielded results we disagree with, so the data must be flawed."

Follow the science...but wear your neck brace.

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I guess the thing that bothers me the most about trying to find the true story behind any of the Cryptids is the hoaxes. One of the first photos taking of the Loch Ness Monster back in the 30s or 40s was taken by a reputable doctor, it hit all the papers at the time, turns out it was a hoax a toy model floating in the lake.
    Some of the initial footprints found of Bigfoot were a hoax made from a wooden board cut out of a foot. Some pictures when check by photo experts were found to be CGI.
    There are the footprints, the pictures the videos that seemed to be real, study by science and could not be disproved.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. John Brunner

It's all government disinformation...like them circulating out-of-focus pics of Frisbees with the logo s-l-i-g-h-t-l-y visible so as to get us to pooh-pooh the UFO subject while they investigate behind our backs.

This is yet another topic where were are plagued by "experts." No self-respecting "expert"would tell you that they know what another person observed without having been there themselves...but that's what makes them "experts," isn't it? We can no more prove them wrong than they can prove themselves right...and we somehow always lose that coin-toss. "Those were sturgeon. They're very common at this end of the loch."

Tony Page likes this.
  11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

My biggest concern about the Bigfoot Fiasco, are the comments by some scientists that the only proof would be a body dead or alive, that statement is taking by some as permission to kill one. I've seen shows where some Hunters want to shoot one if they see it because it's proof. Hunting for food is one thing, I just don't believe in killing anyting unless it's for protection or food.
    So far the groups that are trying to track these things are just terrible trackers. Why not hire a professional Wildlife photography to stake an area for one month, we just might get better results.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

On the other hand, if they do exist, I'm glad they haven't been found.

Humans suck. Not all of us...not even most of us...but enough of us.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    Tony Page likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Tonight I watched a youtube video with David “Nino” Rodriguez, and Steve Isdahl (How to Hunt) who is from Canada and talks about his research about Sasquatch/bigfoot/yeti, and shares information form people who have seen them in many places around the world.
    One email that he shared was from a fighter pilot, who was out at night and spotted something in their heat seeking radar, and when he tried to hit it with the infrared beam to see how big it was and where the coordinates were, the creature stood up and tried to shield its eyes from the beam. Steve said that these beams are not visible to the human eye, and you have to have Night vision goggles on to see the infrared.

They also talk about the dna that has been recovered by the military, and that it appears to have some dna from a human female, and different kinds of dna from the male side, and that some of the dna they think is from a large type of bear.
    He said that the extreme night vision is why they seldom show up on the outdoor cameras like Ken has on his property, because it is like looking at a bright spotlight for them at night.

This is a fairly long video, but to me, it was worth the time spent listening to it and learning what they have been finding out about these creatures. They also talked about how many people disappear in the woods each year and no trace is ever found of them at all, and the possibility that the creatures might be kidnapping hikers and campers who go into the areas where these creatures are at.

Tony Page likes this.
  14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Last night (wednesday) On the discovery channel Was the start of season 4 of Expedition Bigfoot. This year, it will be investimating bigfoot Sightings in Alaska On Prince of Wales Island. I just started watching it on d v r, From the trailers and the shows beginning It looks to be an interesting year, So for all you bigfoot followers you might want to get on board and watch.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Pretty much, I think that anything that is put on a television station is not going to be information that shows actual proof of hominids existing anywhere in the world, and any actual evidence will either be ignored, or shown as fake somehow.
    There are a lot of places in this world where no human has ever been and can’t get to, at least not without special climbing equipment, or something similar, and it seems reasonable to me that creatures exist that we are told are not real simply because no one has proof of them. I have seen interesting photos of what looks like a pterodactyl in the Idaho wilderness, and there are reports of these elsewhere as well.

Now that they have proof of DNA tests from hominids and have said that there are many different kinds of them that all existed around the same time as early modern humans, they are questioning the Darwin theory of evolution again. The dna shows the hominids to be related to both humans and to apes, but if some of them still exist, then we didn’t evolve from them any more likely than we did from great apes.

I have been reading some of the Book of Enoch, where he talked about giants , and several places in the Bible, giants are mentioned, and we have found bones of giants in many places; so it is possible that somehow the giants and the Nephilim are connected, and maybe even the hominids.
    LA Marzulli is one of the people who has searched for evidence of this and he has a series of books out about his search for the Nephilim giants, and the hominids also come into his books sometimes.
    Most of his books are free on Kindle Unlimited, so I intend to read my way through them and learn more.