Bigfoot / Sasquatch / Yeti

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I recently watched a rerun of the show called "The Truth About Bigfoot" on The Unexplained with host William Shatner
    Apparently some scientists believe that Bigfoot could be from a known species Gigantopithecus, that maybe didn't go extinct as is the current belief.
    What muddies the water is the amount of hoaxers out there.
    I always felt the Patterson Giblin film from 1967 was real. You can clearly see in the film that it's a female Bigfoot because of the exposed breast. It just doesn't look like a costume from that era.
    There are a few stories where they were shot by hunter's/searchers but not killed, why didn't they collect a blood sample?
    Finding or capturing one would be the biggest story of our time. With all the researchers searching for one, I would think that concrete evidence of their existence shouldn't be far away, if they're real.

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe they can disappear at will? Have you seen the video of the angel at the traffic light? Pretty convincing, then I know they exist, I had one push me back onto the proch.
    But no Big Foot so far but who knows?

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

If you should see a Bigfoot, let me know.
    There has been speculation that bigfoot can disappear because on beach sand researcher followed footprints and they just stopped.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  4. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm not sure that compounding mysteries to create an explanation for the obscurity of Bigfoot is the path forward. It just takes one simple mystery and cloaks it within a far more complex one that's even harder to account for.

It just makes more sense for this to be a rare creature working hard to avoid people, a selection process. Any bolder members of that population probably got wiped out just like most of the megafauna.

Levitation, some ability for trans-dimensional travel, or I don't know... shrinking down like Ant Man all seem not only far fetched but unnecessary.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I completely agree with what you are saying, @Jacob Petersheim ! The idea that any kind of creature (mammal, fish, whatever) can become invisible, or levitate, is just the kind of thing that stops people from even considering the possibility that we have creatures on this earth that we do not see, simply because they live in places that are uninhabitable, or just too hard for a human to get to.

We have discovered fish we thought were long extinct, and some really strange ones appear to have washed up on the ocean shores that are ones that we didn’t even know existed.
    Most of the really deep lakes have old stories of some kind of large aquatic creature being seen from time to time, and almost all of the older civilizations have similar stores of these sightings, in many different parts of the world.

The one article from the fighter pilot said that the Bigfoot that they saw with their night vision looked right at them, and it should not have been able to see the sensor instrument unless it had special vision that would detect it and see it as a light, which is why he thinks that we do not see them on trail cams.

One video that I watched was about natives living deep in the amazon (or maybe Africa, can’t remember for sure), and they drew pictures of large creatures that looked like some of the dinosaurs we have been shown pictures of what we think they looked like. These primitive people would have no idea of this creature unless they have seen living ones in the jungle.
    I believe that there are true stories of these kinds of creatures, but because of the fake stories, no one wants to believe that any of the stories are true.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Did those footprints lead towards the water...'cause I think I may have solved the mystery. ;)

7. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Ivan Tea Sanderzon Well-Known Member
    Registered

Greetings, everyone. I'm new to this board and this forum in particular, so I'll jump right in.

I am a believer in many things paranormal. My wife and I have gone to several haunted sites, e.g., Missouri State Penitentiary, the Myrtles Plantation and the Crescent Hotel among others. and our favorite vacation spot is the paranormal hot spot. New Orleans' French Quarter.

Cryptids have always intrigued me. I enjoy reports of Firebirds, Dogman, Nessie and others, but my personal favorite is Bigfoot: I think Bigfoot/Sasquatch is a flesh and blood physical being that has nothing to do with inter-dimensional travel, spiritual enlightenment or extra-terrestrial Uber rider. Whether BF is a hominin or hominid is still open to debate, but I tend toward hominin. Here's a remastered video of the Patterson footage https://daystalkers.com/watch/new-r...e-bigfoot-sasquatch-yeti_R6VMAltaPFF5lIQ.html (sorry, inserting a link didn't work).

I also enjoy crypto-history. Deep diving into the Knights Templar, Oak Island, Royal Raymond Rife and Nikola Tesla.

So, this has been a brief intro. I look forward to reading more posts as they occur.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Welcome to the forum,@Ivan Tea Sanderzon , and I am so happy to have another person on the forum who is interested in things like Bigfoot, Dogman, Nessie, and more.
    So many rabbit holes…..so little time, as the saying goes .

Anyway, we have lots of threads here in the conspiracy/paranormal section, and if you do not see some that interest you, be sure to start new threads about things you are interested in discussing .

I have been reading LA Marzulli’s ebooks about In Search of the Nephilim, and I think that what he is finding fits in really well with the possibility of giants, Bigfoot, and other interesting discussions.
    Looking forward to more conversation with you, and happy that you found us !

Ivan Tea Sanderzon likes this.
  9. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

Good to see you @Ivan Tea Sanderzon welcome aboard!

Are you familiar with Brien Foerster's YouTube channel? He covers a lot of megalithic and cryptid-adjacent material. Here's an older video:

10. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

More on topic: Interview with Ron Moorehead:

Noisy setting, but I can make most of it out. This guy says he has vocalization recordings.

Looking into him a bit... I start to wonder. Military experiments to develop "super warriors?" Even ignoring the fact that sightings and other reports go back so far historically it sounds made up, even nutty.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome to SOC
    Tony from Long Island NY

Any relation to cryptozoologists Ivan T. Sanderson? I enjoyed his review of the Minnesota ice man In Argosy magazine back in 1969. I actually saw the Ice Man in person.

12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

That was the Creature From The Black Lagoon.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Registered

There are some interesting YouTube videos dealing with the Nephilim, if one can bear wading amidst the spam videos; as with all else nowadays, searches always include so much that has nothing to do with that for which one has searched. I long for the Netscape and Webcrawler days and when webpage admin cleaned their pages of dead links. LOL

None whatsoever. I enjoyed reading thar same article and own his books.

I wish the Iceman, the real Iceman, were found.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2024
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Registered

Hello, I posted a link to an enhanced version of that film you might enjoy.

15. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

Ohio's "Grassman" is a name I'm not familiar with. Here's a brief "collection" video ("Top 10") on Ohio: