Bigfoot / Sasquatch / Yeti

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Ivan Tea Sanderzon Well-Known Member
    Registered

It's difficult to accept a picture with do many fakes out there: men holding a pterosaur, et al. I hold such pictures as interesting, not totally discounting them, but considering the with a wary eye.

Yvonne Smith and Tony Page like this.
  2. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This gets harder as time goes by.

Photos, audio, and video are all too easy to fake now. The fakes can look pretty good too. Plaster footprint casts are also easy to fake. But we probably still need to rely on them, it's just expensive and often inconclusive to verify them.

What else is there besides hair and in rare cases blood?

John Brunner likes this.
  3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

The only footprint print Cast that I believe Have the possibility of being real are those that exhibit dermal ridges, or are taken by reputable scientist.

Ivan Tea Sanderzon likes this.
  4. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Registered

Exactly. There are too many people who are not familiar with the collection and handling of possible any DNA evidence. There are DNA collection kits available, but cross contamination is a concern.

There are many people going Squatching and knocking on trees or whooping into the dark and just as many off in a different part of the woods hearing those knocks and whoops. Now, I'm not saying people should stop Squatching, or other searches for cryptids, but just as with the proper collection of DNA, proper forensic examination of pictures and recorded sounds is equally iimportant.

Again, I am not demeaning people or their intentions. Rather, I applaud them and wish them luck and memorable experiences. I would very much like someone in the evidence collection and handling field giving classes to those interested in learning and tapped availability of people expert in forensic photo and sound analysis.

5. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Registered

Yes, and many more. Oh, yeah, my bigfoot page is back up afte much neglect on my part. I will be updating it soon: mibfio.com

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    Tony Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Registered

I am suspect of all, except Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum, professor of anthropology and anatomy, Cliff Barackman, seasoned Bigfoot investigator, and Mireya Mayor, primatologist.

Tony Page likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I noticed that you also posted your website on your profile page, which is awesome, @Ivan Tea Sanderzon . There is also a special section here on the forum for members website, blogs, and similar things.
    Here is the link if you want to add your website there, and explain a little about it for people .

http://www.seniorsonly.club/forums/member-websites/

8. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Registered

Should I create a post for each, or just one for all?

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I would create a thread for each website so that folks can chat about each specific one in a given thread...especially if they are not all the same topic (as your Bigfoot site and your Social Media site are not the same thing.)

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

You might be familiar with the Sts'ailes, a First Nations band in British Columbia, who claim an affiliation with Sasquatch, who is even depicted on the Sts'ailes Nation flag.

11. Yvonne Smith

A woman who was hikeing on Vancouver Island took this picture of a person that she said was staring at her, but did not speak. If this is actually some kind of Bigfoot creature, it is one of the best ones i have seen, as far as clarity.
    There are many stories of people having been abducted by a Bigfoot, and if there are some hybrids out there (raised in the wilderness) they might look something like this picture. It is hard to tell if we are seeing fur or some kind of brown clothing
    What do you think, @Ivan Tea Sanderzon ? Real or faked ? Or just a super weird person ?

IMG_6417.jpeg

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

More info from the sighting.

IMG_6421.jpeg

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I hadn't encountered the YouTube channel "Sasquatch Theory" before. From this one video though, it looks like an interesting resource.

It's always nice to have some local coverage.

14. Tommy Gunne

Tommy Gunne Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Saw on another site where a guy posted a picture of a mask that looked just like the guy in the picture. Unfortunately another fake

Tony Page and Ivan Tea Sanderzon like this.
  15. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well, I don't know about all the B/foot stuff but. I really did like the Michigan wilderness video .... I'm a Michigan nut, living in Ohio ! Used to live in Michigan, used to vacation there [allot] .

Related ? I was up @ Lake Champlain once , stopped and got a carry out sandwich told the lady working there that I was going to the lake to eat my sandwich and look for "Champ" ..... their lake monster ...... she laughed :D loudly . We talked, I explained that I was just kidding, she lived there all her life. I asked laughing, have you ever seen it ? Seen anything ? She replied ..... no I don't drink enough :)