Boats You've Owned And Fish You Caught: Memories And Photos

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Jake Smith, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

, Our little18' Jon boat is nice for the rivers here, plan to take it out tomorrow.

Jake Smith likes this.
  2. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The see-through canoe. I figured all those who put the canoes up, may like to see this.

[​IMG]

Ken Anderson and Marie Mallery like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

That is neat, wonder why this wasn't thought about years ago.

Jake Smith likes this.
  4. Jake Smith

Registered

Need to clean the leaves out of the boat and run the boat motor soon, and get it ready to go fishing again.

DSCN0779.JPG

DSCN0796.JPG

The weather is supposed to get really warm again and will be a good time to go fishing.

Pretty little house on the river where I go.

DSCN0808.JPG

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Question for those that store, and possibly "winterize" your boat..........if you live in a snow/winter area, like we currently do:

Where do you store your boat engine battery/batteries? I say "batteries", because we have a dual-battery setup on our boat with a dual-battery switch and a battery for our electric winch on our trailer. All three are Marine Starting Batteries. Two are from Advanced Automotive Parts and the other from NAPA Auto Parts.

For the last three winters, we stored all three in our storage closet on the patio. After re-charging each one, they would stay charged for a couple of months, before I'd re-charge again. Until this winter, they seemed to stay charged fine. This past February 21, after re-charging all three, we decided to bring all three into our apartment and store in a closet on a piece of wood. We thought it was just too cold in the closet, but are having second thoughts now. Just checked the charge of each and two were lower than we thought they should be and the third was 95% charged (which is great).

So, currently re-charging on our 15 AMP Rapid Charge and going to put them back into the patio closet. I think it gets too warm in the apartment for them.

Thoughts?

Marie Mallery and Jake Smith like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a similar situation with our motorhome in storage. The house batteries have a parasitic drain from somewhere even with the "disconnect". So my husband bought some type of trickle charger to keep them topped off. They are much too heavy for us to remove and move around.

Marie Mallery and Jake Smith like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Todays the day for the boat cleaning and starting, soon as he gets thru with my list, shake off dog towels, so I can wash them and the other two dogs, I washed cranky old :( Molly yesterday.

Jake Smith likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

The batteries are heavy. I found that out very fast taking our starting and house batteries out of the boat.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I wrote down yesterday's date and that all three were charged to 100%, before putting them into the patio storage closet. I made a note to check all three in a month to see how much of a charge each still has. Depending on the charge of each, will depend on which battery we have to replace, if any. Each battery costs us $115.

We have a Trickle Charger also, but don't use it much. Just certain things a person can't do living in an apartment.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  10. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My husband never removes the boat battery. He has a battery maintainer on his boat to keep his battery charged all year long. He fishes in the winter sometimes on cool sunny days.

11. Jake Smith

Registered

Got it, all leaves out, and ran it for an hour today. Needs a throttle cable will order one tomorrow after I measure it.

12. Jake Smith

Registered

That would be a good idea to have a maintainer, may check on that, and see how much on costs, thanks, Krystal.

13. Jake Smith

Registered

I was surprised at my two boat batteries after testing today, them being at 13.49 and 12.47, after not being charged for a few months.

14. Jake Smith

Registered

Batteries are very heavy to lift and remove. Gonna check on a trickle charger. :)

Marie Mallery and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Jake Smith

Registered

Have to measure the throttle cable tomorrow, and order one for the boat. Doing this as a reminder for myself. :)