Bob Dylan Now: A Status Update On His Life And Health In 2023

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Joe Riley, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

How is the music legend doing these days?
    By Bri Thomas, M. Davis-McAfee
    Last Updated: 3:03 p.m. CST, January 24, 2023
    [​IMG]

How Is Bob Dylan’s Health Today?

"Dylan has made a career of being a sullen-eyed, wild-haired vagabond. But how does that translate to the soon-to-be 82-year-old’s health? As of late last year, the songwriter was on his second leg of the Rough and Rowdy Ways World Wide Tour. While the tour is slated to last through 2024, there are currently no upcoming tour dates on his website."

"We’re unsure whether this has to do with any health-related issues, although it wouldn’t be the first health scare the singer has experienced. In the 1960s, he was in a serious motorcycle accident before taking time out of the public eye in Woodstock in the ’70s."

"In the late ’90s, Dylan went to the hospital for chest pain that turned out to be histoplasmosis, an infection from fungus. According to Express.co.uk, his agent, Barry Dickins, gave an update, saying “the infection is potentially fatal. He will remain at the hospital until his condition is stable and he has improved.”

"After several weeks, the histoplasmosis morphed into pericarditis, which causes the tissue around the heart to swell and become painful. Doctors told him he would be better in a month or so, after which Dylan shared, “I’m just glad to be feeling better. I really thought I’d be seeing Elvis soon."

"Besides these two incidents, there have been no major credible updates regarding the musician’s health"

Marie Mallery and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

Bob Dylan: Mixing Up the Medicine

A new 608-page book, seven years in the making, explores the archives of the Bob Dylan Center in Tulsa, OK.
    Mixing Up the Medicine is the most comprehensive book yet published on the work of Bob Dylan, featuring more than 1100 images by 135 photographers, artists and filmmakers, and 30 original essays by leading artists and writers on manuscripts and artifacts from the Bob Dylan Archive. Host Devon Strolovitch talks to co-authors/editors Mark Davidson, Senior Director of Archives and Exhibitions at the Bob Dylan Center and Parker Fishel, Chicago-based freelance archivist and curator. Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 4 pm.

Scene From the “Never-Ending Tour” 1988–?
    [​IMG]
    "Dylan has been on the road consistently for decades. This 2001 card game among bandmates (clockwise from left) David Kemper, Tony Garnier, Dylan, Larry Campbell and Charlie Sexton took place on his tour bus in Telluride, Colorado. “I see that I could stop touring at any time, but then, I don’t feel like it right now,” Dylan once said. “I’ve got no retirement plans.”

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered