Brainwashing & Other Things Having To Do With How The Mind Works

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here are a few videos that I consider to be interesting and informative. Chase Hughes is one of four members of a weekly podcast called the Behavior Panel, which I have been watching for quite a while now.

This video is about the ways in which a person's brain can be hijacked, even to the extent of making a killer out of someone who would not have otherwise done so. A portion of this video refers to a study that many of you may be familiar with, where students who were part of the study were asked to shock another student, also part of the study. In reality, the student being shocked was an actor and there were no actual shocks. Believing they were, those applying the shocks would obey orders even to a point where, if the electricity levels were real, death would occur. Chase Hughes adds to it, however, adding a piece that the original experimenters missed. For whatever reason, this one has to be viewed on YouTube, probably because it's the newest one and he needs the views, but you can click the link to take you there.

In this one, he introduces the two biggest lies in history, which have negatively changed the fabric of society.

Lastly, although he has other videos, this one follows up on some of what he discussed in the preceding video. Chase Hughes discusses things that are hard-wired in our brain.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Okay, one more and I'll stop (for now). This one is about building confidence in yourself and the things that keep you from being confident. These videos are short and informative. I see that it also has to be viewed on YouTube, however.