Brittney Griner Gets 9 Years

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bobby Cole, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wasn’t disputing what you wrote but merely widening the arena.
    The facts are that on a federal level, having even a gram of hash can be considered a felony offense but the problem is that those who are caught with small amounts are rarely prosecuted as committing a felony.
    Marijuana is also illegal on the federal level but one has to have at least a pound of it before most federal agencies will prosecute.

My fear is that the Senate will also vote to legalize grass and it’s concentrations and the weak minded individual in the Oval Office will pass it too simply because the sale of it can then be taxed.
    Note though, I have no problem with weed being used for medicinal purposes if indeed a person really needs it but opening up a market whereby everyone can legally walk around stoned is just another part of the woke agenda.

For all I know, Griner might have had a prescription for her hash habit but even going from state to state with more than a gram of the stuff is indeed a federal offense and probably illegal in some of the states where she/he carried it. Now, to take it into another sovereign country and she/he was asking for trouble. Other countries prosecute such activity whereas here in the good ol’ U.S., a person has to almost throw a bag of weed at an officer in order to get arrested and hash oil caps are often disguised as nicotine caps for the vapers.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They have an incentive in keeping people out of their minds since those are the people likely to vote for their candidates.

Thomas Stillhere and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Big Pharma will step right in and control the whole deal if it is legal at the Federal level.

4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I never liked Vodka. I would say by the time she is released she will like America a lot more and maybe even stop the hate she was born into. Unfortunately slo joe has a lot on his plate and not the person in charge so no help will be fourth coming from him. She's on her own !

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

This is back on the Americans who still go to their games and buy their products. Yet I do understand that sports have always been a huge part of men's entertainment forever, even Rome had games although less civil.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

At some point, after taxing it for decades, there will be a huge class action suit by US states against Big Marijuana, and they will rake in a lump sum, and then continue to tax it at even higher rates.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This might be a good trade ?

D6B343EC-062F-43D6-97ED-9751698E6A88.jpeg

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

She should just suffer the nine years.....No trades allowed

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm ready to see him convince the Russians he is a woman that impregnated his ' lesbian' wife with twins, or so the rumor goes?
    The animal farm planet!

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Biden has traded a Russian arms dealer for Brittney Griner, and it sounds like she is on her way back to the United States now.

The marine veteran who was also in custody was left in Russia , and he had apparently not done anything wrong that I can read.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Haven't watched many games, but I'm a big fan of WNBA. IOW, those ladies can play basketball! As far as Griner goes, sorry, but her being a lesbian and absolutely full of tattoos, simply not a fan. But, being a Gold Medalist twice, she sure can handle the hoops right.

12. Yvonne Smith

Most of the transgender men do play better than a real woman can; but if we ever stop letting men play-act that they are women and participating in women’s sports, Griner is not going to be a star playing against other real men.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Good to hear that she is on her way home.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, as Alec Baldwin said to Sean Connery at the end of The Hunt For Red October, "Welcome to the New World".

15. Yvonne Smith

Because you are an American veteran, Cody, it is hard for me to understand why you (or any veteran) would feel that Biden did the right thing, trading one of the worst Russian arms dealers, called the “Merchant of Death” for an anti-American drug user instead of a Marine who was serving our country and captured during that service.

9C4D47F8-8E08-400E-A585-BE062E8401DB.jpeg