Child Free

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Silvia Benoit, Dec 28, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's interesting. The only factor I ever considered (globally) was the country as a whole coming out of poverty and into 1st World conditions.

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

this world is not what was intended for it...we were all children at one time....didn't ask to be born...here we are...
    myself?...
    I'd rather be around children than most adults ...and wish I'd had the life that I could've had more children

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Agreed, we had five. Although two of them have died, we enjoyed them til the end. They generated 14 grand children for us(altho we only see a couple regularly). Those 14 have generated at least 12 (3 of which have visited us)

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just heard a quote from a Progressive some years ago when asked about why they were interested in education when they had no children of their own. The answer was, "We don't need children. We have yours." I think that explains why things are as they are in the country. Zoom classes showed parents what their children were being taught. They had not been paying attention up to that point, and many still aren't.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

All as planned.

Many of us have been played. The rest are just as happy to not be bothered.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Now I have seen that China's population is collapsing, in part due to infertility. I listened to an Army colonel who said only about 40% of Americans of military age can qualify for military service, even with the lowered standards of the the current U.S. military. Hungary passed a law which states that MARRIED people who have 4 or more children are free of income tax for life (both parents). They were suffering a terrible collapse of population, which has now been reversed in part. I do not know what happens if they divorce. Perhaps their tax is reinstated.

Yvonne Smith likes this.