Cindy Williams Dead At 75

Discussion in 'Celebrity Deaths' started by John Brunner, Jan 31, 2023.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Cindy Williams, best known for her role as Shirley in ‘Laverne & Shirley,’ died at 75 on Wednesday Jan 25 after a short illness.

Williams also appeared in the 1973 film “American Graffiti" and the 1974 film “The Conversation.”

[​IMG]

RIP

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Heard about her death last night. The article stated "short illness", but didn't say what the illness was. I'm always curious about what illness produced death in a person. And, a "short illness" has really got my curiosity up. Use to watch Laverne & Shirley quite often.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

I'm the same way. I don't know why I feel a need (or a right) to know. Some people and their families are funny about medical details. I'm always open about them so as to pass info along that might be useful to others...there's nothing to be ashamed of.

And why did the family not announce it until yesterday when she died last Wednesday?

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

John, look at it this way, there are those that don't like to reveal the real "cause of death", because it would give leverage to those that are very against smoking, drinking or whatever. If it were due to using illegal drugs, heavy smoking and/or drinking, the family could feel very embarrassed admitting that. Generally, somehow/someway, the real cause does get out to the public.

We noticed the date of her death as well and wondered why it was just reported yesterday.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

How typical of you to think the worst. How about it's just none of your business?

I'm just waiting on the "was she vaccinated????" crap to start.

RIP, Cindy.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Unfortunately, Beth, the "worst" is many times the truth. How would you feel if someone told you "it's just none of your business"? Just think if the entire world thought that way. What a mess the world would be in!!

There are those, and a whole lot of "those" that are like the magazine, The Enquirer, that want to know things and don't pay any attention to those that say "it's not any of your business".

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Beth, you're sort of like my SIL, just can't take a joke! I was kidding about the Inquirer, but there are people that act just like the magazine and want to know things.

And, just in case you do read this..........thanks for putting me back on your "Ignore" List. Just wanted to tell you that!

8. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sad to hear she has died. Today it really isn't unexpected for anyone we were familiar with or even knew had died.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

So true, Thomas.

10. John Brunner

I think our parent's generation were the first to have mass media idols, but our folks had no way of knowing when celebs died if the news did not report it.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I think I'd prefer no one be told, so it would be like...

"How's Ken doing these days?"
    "Oh, he died about twenty years ago."

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  12. John Brunner

I wanna be the "Did you hear about the guy who no one missed for 6 months..." guy.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm serious about that. I don't want a funeral, a death announcement... nuthin'. Just send me to the crematorium, call the kids, and get on with life.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Was just at a funeral and the widow was in a bad way, financially, as well as other ways. Convoluted family issues...
    Anyway, even cremated, there was cost. And then there was a dinner.o_O I skipped that.
    In the good old days we held a dinner for mourners who came from a goodly distance. Families came together for the funeral. I figure the widow needed to save money now, made a contribution at the visitation and left. Family came to see an urn and probably to check out the will.:mad: