Continue The Story

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Allison Schuck, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Terence I have reservations and I believe so does Shirley. Rather than openly revealing our intentions into finding the Lost Colony once we get to the island why not instead see what transpires. In other words.. dont court danger, but rather, feel our way. We may stumble onto vital clues. If it gets too dangerous we pull out immediately. Agreed?

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Terence Eames and Shirley Martin like this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

OK, Guys, let's go for it.

We'll load a bunch of fishing gear into the jeep and head east. If anybody asks, we're just going on a fishing trip. Who knows, we might even do a little fishing while we are there.

Terence, see how many of those old maps you can find. They may have some hidden clues.

Craig, you go shopping for some fishing gear.

Terence Eames likes this.
  3. Craig Wilson

Registered

Will a fishing trip also be our excuse on the island Shirley. Or do we use another disguise. Other than the Lost Colony what else attracts people to Roanoke?

Ok I am off to procure the best fishing gear the town has.

4. Shirley Martin

Registered

There is surfing on the NC beaches. There is also swimming. We could take our bikinis and sunbath. :)

5. Terence Eames

Terence Eames Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

'I don't have a bikini' blushed Terence.

'We do have lots of fishing gear here though, in the boat shed. I'll show you Craig. Even nets'

6. Terence Eames

Registered

As Terence was showing Craig all the fishing rods, nets and tackle in the Boat shed, they heard a wailing police siren and a big vehicle pull up. Looking out a dirty window they saw it was a large police 4WD Jeep with lights flashing and two armed Officers jumping out. Shirley and Philomena were still sitting on the veranda with the sister showing and lending books and maps to Shirley, as Terence begged Phiomena to do.
    Also a red blur as Fred, followed by a gaggle of children, charged the officers.
    Fred leapt at the chest of the the big officer with the cowboy hat, who grabbed Fred out of thin air and hugged him tight with Fred's tongue licking his face clean and knocking off his hat. Meanwhile the kids were crowding around putting hands into his pockets for candies.
    The other officer's body language looked pensive and unmoving, hands on a silver belt buckle, his eyes on Shirley whom he discreetly bowed to.

"That's Sergeant Watts" said Terence to Craig, "and Deputy Crow, a smart Indian. A very good man too. Let's go look and see what they want."

Walking up from the Orphanage's boathouse on the banks of Upper River Roanoke, just downriver of Jamesville, Fred the red kelpie springboarded off Sheriff Watts' large chest nearly bowlng him over and knocking off his hat, and then bounded through the long grass towards Craig and Terence. Fred then proceeded to do figure-eights about the two men herding them quickly towards the group now gathered and chatting quietly by the old Mansion.

"We lost 2 games" yelled Sheriff Watts at Terence as he and Craig jogged up bonded by a red blur.. Watts then hugged Terence and whispers were exchanged. Fred sat.
    A boy then appeared with Terence's shot and bloodied silver bound bible. Watts then, with Crow watching, looked at the wound on Terence's chest. "See" said sister Philomena! " Yup, all checks out and case closed as far as I'm concerned." said Watts "The second thug died anyway due to a major artery bleed. Sorry Shirly, but you killed him. Crow tells me that, as did an autopsy. All clear and simple. No charges but then there's the rewards. Yes, rewards"

"Yup, they were heinous criminals with prices on their heads, even if killed in self defence, or defence of another Shirley. No trial nor nothing but their rewards total $80,000 , which I have cheques in my pocket for.
    Four ways I judge at $20k each, counting in a quarter for Chief Flying Eagle's share for tidying up and sorting out your mess. Deputy Crow will give testimony if that's agreeable? There's a lot of good will in that offer, from me too. Contributions towards Sister Philomena's Orphanage are another gesture of good will which she says you have in spades.
    Take these personal cards of mine to Roanoke with my words of voucher. They know and respect me there. Be careful and let's eat an early lunch. please? Is it too early for a beer?"
    Deputy Crow said " Beware the Croatoan," and walked towards the river Roanoke.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Registered

Yikes! What does Deputy Crow know that we don't? Maybe I better get him to the side and see what he will tell us. Since he bowed to me, he must recognize my Native American heritage. Maybe he will tell me that my great, great, great grandmother was a princess. :)

We could take the reward money and buy a cabin cruiser and cruise down the Roanoke to the coast. That might be interesting. But keep in mind that the Roanoke has some extremely powerful currents. It might be safer to take the jeep over the highway.

8. Craig Wilson

Registered

Surfing is not a way to disguise our real intentions. Yes the cabin cruiser sounds great. In fact perfect as we need something tangible to hide our identity. How about we pretend to be a university parapsychology team seeking answers to reported haunted places on the island. Say one in South Carolina.. just far enough away from this state not to cause suspicion. What say you two?.......

9. Shirley Martin

Registered

I think the news media would pick up on someone investigating haunted places. We'd have CNN, CBS, and all the other outlets following us. We better stick to being fishermen out for a good time.

download (42).png

10. Craig Wilson

Registered

I dont wish to be contrary but ghost hunters are now almost reaching plague proportions. How many are there on television. I dont think news stations regard ghost hunting as lucrative air time any longer. See what Terence says first before abandoning the idea..

11. Terence Eames

Registered

I'm easy Craig. The Salmon are aplenty right now all around Roanoke island and why buy a boat when we can borrow the Orphanage's 25' cabin cruiser. Keep your money. The boat has 4 bunks and is all set up for fishing with even a fridge, radio, electricity, stove, toilet and a freezer. I'm easy but I love grilled Salmon and salad. Dogs shoudn't eat raw Salmon, but we could fill the freezer with Salmon fillets for the Orphan's kids. That'd easy pay for the fuel too, and minor expenses. Plymouth has a cannery that pays $5/pound for fillets. Travelling buyers, say $3/ Pd.

Sister Phil won't mind, especially since I gave her all my reward cheque. You keep yours you two. Expenses n stuff. I have my card filled again by sistet P and my old cell phone is recharged. Sister Phil told me the boat now has a wiffy tablet. Is it sick Craig? Do you understand?

Shirley, Deputy Crow is Chief Flying Eagle's nephew. Seems you're related. Small world, eh? He asked me to give you this small and very old Indian carving for protection? He's a very good man whom my God Father Sheriff Watts holds in very high esteem.

ydyfugougulstluts.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  12. Craig Wilson

Registered

While inspecting the small idol carving Craig found a spit seam on the underside. On pressing it a section opened and what he saw scratched in 8 letters inside sent shivers thru ever fibre of his body.
    One word CROATOAN.....

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  13. Terence Eames

Registered

Crow told me about that Craig. Apparently putting a drop of your own blood into its cup makes one invisible to the Croatoan demons, as Crow told me to tell Shirley. Sounds a bit weird, I know but I do trust Crow, like many others do too like Sheriff Watts, Sister Philomena and Father Brown. He has a quiet and strong spirit. Smart too.

Deputy Crow, Indian and nephew of Chief Flying Eagle who answers to Sheriff Watts, and long time cousin to Shirley.
    images.jpeg (22).jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  14. Craig Wilson

Registered

Terence now I see what the wording inside the idol means and it scares the bejesus out of me. :eek:
    Visible or not.. I for one wanna steer clear of those demons. I'd prefer ghost hunting.. they at least cant hurt you..

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  15. Terence Eames

Registered

bejesus me too Craig.

Not sure about ghosts not hurting one tho.
    I heard they can mess real bad with one's head, just saying.

Fred
    cvgyfdy.jpg