Continue The Story

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Allison Schuck, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Terence Eames

Terence Eames Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

So how did he get rid of the rabbits Rabbit?

2. Terence Eames

Registered

A third share each for sure Sadie, we're a team. A good team.

So off Nickel hunting tomorrow. To cover ground more quickly, especially to check out breakaway strata cliffs, let's drive I'd suggest.
    If so, to save petrol, let's just take my truck with all our detectors and your Geology test case Sadie. I'll drive and both of you act as navigators and spotters. Is that ok as a plan? Thoughts? Suggestions?

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

OK. You drive and I'll keep a look out for signs of nickel.

story binoculars 2.png

Jessica Morgan and Craig Wilson like this.
  4. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

You will have to wait until the next installment missus.. Rabbit said with his usual cheeky chuckle.

What about the claim where I found me gold Horrie? We have to have that sorted out first surely before we leave this site for any length of time.

5. Terence Eames

Registered

"Good point Rabbit given we've found more gold about the area. That also gives us a better idea of where to make the claim.
    I'd prefer more sampling but it may be best to act quickly as our previous claim auction may have stirred up interest.

That last claim's bid of $300k hasn't increased so I reckon we should take it. That old timer's gold stash in his biscuit tin I now figure to be worth $110k and this current area with the two big nuggets and all the mid to small sized ones come to about $90k making a total of $500k to date.

So, if that's ok with you Sadie, let's stake out this claim today and go Lithium hunting tomorrow."

With best guesses from all we pegged out another 20ha claim with concrete posts, hidden markers and GPS readings. Sadie wrote up her Geoligists report and then Horrie lodged the claim on line and paid the $200 fee again.
    'I reckon this claim to be richer than the last, I even uploaded pictures of the two big nuggets you two found on my weighing scale.' said Horrie grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    Craig Wilson likes this.
  6. Terence Eames

Registered

"NICKEL I meant to say, but may as well look for Lithium too. I'm just the driver.

I googled this picture of raw Nickel,
    hhd.jpg

and this one of Lithium being mined.
    ghhurc.jpg

Lithium in a natural state.
    vgfdv.jpg

Photo of Rabbit with a claim marker.
    images.jpeg.jpg

Craig Wilson likes this.
  7. Craig Wilson

Registered

$500 thousand bucks. Stone the crows. We are rich. What do you say missus, looking at Sadie. Do you feel rich too?

Horrie just a mite concerned tho as there is only the three of us to protect our staked claim, say we talk to security people that do claim protection work. That way we can sleep comfortably in our beds in town.

Yep Horrie the more renewable raw materials like lithium, nickel, cobalt we Aussies find and produce for our own needs the less we will have to rely on those Chinese commies for these materials.. which comprise the batteries that power most of those ugly wind turbines that dot our coast and many of the world's coasts. We also import some material from them for our roof mounted solar panels..

Terence Eames likes this.
  8. Terence Eames

Registered

"It should be fine Rabbit as the corners are all recorded by gps, the posts with documents attached and numbered are all on the official claim to the Claim's office in Perth. Also remember we buried those hidden iron markers with bearing and distance to the post, just to be sure.

We may attract some fossikers but to set up a mine, it's is very costly and a slow process. Roads need to be built for instance,...lots of heavy equipment, ...

Auctioning off claims is the quick and easy way I reckon and also takes the responsibility off us for security.
    The latest claim bids will be coming in in a few days and I see BPH have already put in a bid for $350k. A nice start."

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

story glasses 1 (2).jpg

Shall we take the offer?

10. Craig Wilson

Registered

Yes. Lets check out his bonafides first.. and if ridgy didge, if BHP dont raise their bid or any others dont offer any more than one mill.. we accept. Everyone agree. Then we can sit back in our Perth or Sydney mansion and watch the peasants.

11. Terence Eames

Registered

Well, we've only got the one claim left as we took the high bid of $300k on the first.

The second claim is up for auction with already one bid of $350k.
    I'd suggest they put in their bid and follow that process. A $million bid would be nice and very acceptable I feel.

Rabbit, the median average house price in Sydney is about 1.3 million dollars so I wouldn't say we'd be that rich. Perth prices are less than half Sydney's and ironically a much nicer city I reckon. Too busy and congested in Sydney not to mention all the floods and crime.

12. Craig Wilson

Registered

Now now Horrie. Born and bred in Annandale inner Sydney so will defend my state to the death. I also like WA for its people and the successful fossicking I have made there but it is a jinx state for me.. having almost bloody well been killed twice there. Once where I fell down an abandoned mine shaft and another from a mugging in Perth after I had found some gold. Was in hossie for a month with massive head injuries.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  13. Terence Eames

Registered

Fair enough Rabbit. Perth is starting to become another big city with its growing crime. I prefer living in country towns.

I have relatives in Sydney and they love it there, but they got into the property market when it was cheap in the 70's.
    Global warming seems to be making WA really hot and dry, like California I think. They're even building a third desalination plant north of the city powered by Solar panels. All very green and PC.

Just checking the bids on this current claim we've had one at $450 and Jimbo, our shadow man and his mate Colin here has phoned his boss. They've offered $700k from BHP. Seems they are ridgey didge and are from BHP. They lowered their $1million bid realising now our first claim has been sold at $350k.
    I had a strong feeling about this patch due to its remoteness.
    I'm happy to take their offer now, how about you Sadie and Rabbit? Or wait a few days while we check out those breakaway cliffs for Nickel?
    By then with low supplies and petrol we should head back to civilization to the megatropolis of Yalgoo, population 400.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  14. Craig Wilson

Registered

Head for those thar breakaway cliffs Horrie. What say you missus? As for this old codger I am tired and need a rest so planning on making this my last fossick.

15. Terence Eames

Registered

"No worries Rabbit but lets make this our last one. We're all tired and had no luck.

Nah, this one's no good either. Let's head back to camp and leave for Yalgoo in the morning.

All up it looks like we made $1,200k which makes $400k each."

Three days later we were back in Yalgoo with bulging bank accounts.

Craig Wilson likes this.