Day Out Yesterday

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Kate Ellery, Aug 15, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We still have 2 states that do not observe DST...Hawaii and Arizona. There used to be more that did not. So Australia is not that unique, although it used to be more confusing here in the past than it is now.

So what about that website that says it's 8AM in Sydney and 7:30AM in Adelaide??? Does that really happen? Are there differences in half-hour increments? I would think that regardless of DST or no DST, differences should be in whole hours; otherwise, you're sub-dividing time zones.

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

All different time zones @John Brunner

When I was born in NSW is the only town / city that observes SA time

( think it’s lost it’s city status due to falling population)

I have a world clock on my iPad that I can being up the time and keep it there so it’s only the tap of one finger and I know what time it is where my game playing buddies live so I know if it’s bedtime or get up time for them
    So if you google SA time it’s should show 8.45 am right now on Wednesday

John Brunner likes this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I was speaking to a friend who’s birthday was also yesterday 26th Jan , she commented on all the people who we holding a rally / protesting at Parliament House ( in Adelaide) about Aust day

I’ve have to agree with Beryls statement…..it not the Aussies to be afraid of for invading our country of birth … it’s the government selling our country to overseas investors including the largest cattle station in Australia
    and are they going to supply Aussies with meat nah …supply China . :mad::eek:
    Opps maybe this should be moved to a more appropriate thread @John Brunner