Dealing With Unreasoning Jealousy

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Richard Whiting, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, chef, I also think jealousy is the result of insecurity.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yup and to be true, insecurity is more to the point of the whole thread.

Jealousy has more to do with covetousness or rather, wanting or envying what someone else has whereas one’s insecurities are a whole different matter that, of all things, has its roots deeply imbedded in the sometimes contrary terms of trust, confidence and self confidence.

I have had my own trust issues in various relationships in the past and even though I’m highly self confident, where there is little trust, there can be no confidence in the security of the bond hence the feeling of insecurity which leads us to why I have a couple of X’s.

I’ll probably get into trouble with this but the need to feel secure with one’s mate is a very primal instinct. Lust aside, a woman has to feel that a man can love, protect and provide for her [and her possible young] and he has to have the self confidence and wherewithal to do just that.
    Pretty much, all a man needs is a reason to love, protect and provide for her. (You ladies know that guys are pretty simple to figure out)

Note: Now, we could go into whether men are naturally polygamous and women monogamous and all the trash that goes with that but that’s for another thread.

Short and sweet, trust is always the issue because where there is little trust, there can be no feeling of security which can indeed lead to that jealousy stage when one sometimes rightfully believes that someone else is taking one’s place.

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Jealousy is natural emotion but can be extreme and destroy relationships.
    Nothing like walking back from the dancefloor and having a popcorn shower because a man holding a box of popcorn decided to look at you, speeds up a time of reckoning.