Disappearing Jobs

Discussion in 'Jobs I Have Had' started by Reen Davis, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm pretty frustrated by the ads on news sites. Not that I mind the ads as much as the way they crowd out the meager content, interfere with scrolling, and can cause browser crashes. Don't get me started on paywalls. If it requires payment or an email address an article should not be returned by a web search.

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I use an AdBlock extension on my browser. There are some local online "newspapers" that have paying subscribers, and they either make you subscribe or turn off your AdBlocker in order to read their stories. Sometimes I turn it off and sometimes I don't.

There are a couple of news sites I've subscribed to so I can read/make Comments, and others I've stopped visiting since they went to a pay model. I like the comments because they add/clarify data, and keep the writer honest.

3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

With the endless homeless MESS we have and in CA 1000's live in the streets and money is forever and ever being t hrown at this and nothing changes......so many homeless are addictx and NEED to be clean to get off the streets and then these peopole NEEED to go to work and they don't have work to go to even if they are CLEAN..............so they figure stay addicts and no need to find work.

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The nice weather and the open invitation from the governor have successfully created the chaos. There is nothing to fix. Mission accomplished.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I think the media they were mostly talking about was like TV news programs. Online media where an actual alternative side of the 'news' is causing people to look elsewhere and actually think--I hope.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I think it is their new military to take over America, Not sure about our military since Obama fired 196 top brass and replaced them with who, that was what was being said several years ago.
    Who really knows what is going on now, not me.I just have my suspicions.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree although we have also be watchful of them too, but online seems the closest thing we will get now.