Do We Have Any San Francisco 49er Fans On Board?

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 4, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When you ask it a question, do you log into your own account so that ChatGPT remembers prior "conversations" and includes that context in future responses?

(I guess we're fragmenting your ChatGPT thread. I can move some of this to that other thread if you like.)

2. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Once a conversation starts, it is saved by a name which you can change it desired. When you open ChatGPT, it will show your saved conversations. You can then select any conversation and includes that context in future responses. I think it is better not to move anything just yet.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

That's interesting. So you have an account. I'd like to hear if you think it is "learning" about you from prior conversations (even in a nuanced way.)

4. John Houlihan

Registered

Yes, I have an account. ChatGPT does use machine-learning where it has been trained with all the information on the Internet. During my conversations, it does remember and understand our conversation very much like a human being. I think first-hand experience is the best way to learn about chatGPT. I strongly recommend trying it out to see if it can be of help to you in your work, play, and any other area. It is truly incredible and worth checking out.

5. John Houlihan

Registered

John,
    OpenAI is the corporation that created ChatGPT. There are now third-party products called plugins that can expand ChatGPT power. I added a plugin called WebPilot that get the latest data available from the Internet. Then I asked ChatGPT for a new forecast on who wins in a 49ers-Ravens Superbowl. Here is the conversation where it now favors the Ravens:

Me

Please compare offense against defense and vice-versa for each team and come to own your conclusion on which team is likely to win.

ChatGPT
    Used WebPilot

I've gathered information about the Baltimore Ravens' recent performance and statistics from ESPN:

• The Ravens finished their regular season with a strong 13-3 record, leading the AFC North.
    • Their season included impressive wins against teams like the Bengals, Browns, Titans, Chargers, and Rams.
    • Notably, they also secured a win against the 49ers with a score of 33-19.
    • In one of their most recent games, they achieved a dominant victory over the Dolphins with a score of 56-19.
    Based on this information, here's a comparison of the 49ers' offense against the Ravens' defense, and vice versa:

49ers Offense vs. Ravens Defense

• The 49ers have shown a robust offense throughout the season, with significant wins over strong teams.
    • However, their offense struggled in their previous encounter with the Ravens, only scoring 19 points.
    • The Ravens' defense has been formidable, as evidenced by their ability to limit high-scoring teams.
    Ravens Offense vs. 49ers Defense

• The Ravens' offense, particularly against the Dolphins, has demonstrated the ability to score heavily.
    • They have already proven capable of overcoming the 49ers' defense in their regular-season encounter.
    • The 49ers' defense, while strong, will need to adjust from their previous loss to the Ravens.
    Conclusion and Prediction

Given the Ravens' previous victory over the 49ers and their strong offensive and defensive performance throughout the season, they appear to have a slight edge going into the Super Bowl. However, the 49ers have also shown resilience and strength throughout the season, making this a potentially close and competitive game.

It's important to note that factors such as player injuries, weather conditions, and game-day strategies can significantly influence the outcome. Therefore, while the Ravens might be favored based on past performance, the 49ers have a solid chance of winning if they can effectively adapt and counter the Ravens' strategies.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

That's interesting. So you have an account. I'd like to hear if you think it is "learning" about you from prior conversations (even in a nuanced way.)
    That's interesting. It disagrees with Vegas. I wonder if hedging its bets ("However, the 49ers have shown resilience...") is a feature added by lawyers.

John Houlihan likes this.
  7. John Houlihan

Registered

Super Bowl today! Who will win? My head says Chiefs, but my heart says 49ers. If the Chiefs win, it will be just another Mahomes victory. And it will be well deserved. He is a very great football player.

On the other hand, my heart wants the 49ers to win because that would be the greatest underdog story in football history. Impossible of course, but miracles do happen. Go niners.

8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes miracles do happen. GO NINERS!!!

John Brunner and John Houlihan like this.
  9. John Houlihan

Registered

Almost!

Great game! Both teams deserved to win. Mahomes and Purdy were both great, not perfect, but still outstanding. I hope these teams can meet again soon because they seem equally matched and would produce another great Super Bowl.

I'm looking forward to the niners future because Brock Purdy will probably continue to get better, and the niners might get back to many more Super Bowls. I am very impressed by the Chiefs, so I intend to watch the Chiefs and niners next year.

Take care.