Do Y'all Like Pot Pies?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

63514-d337e64157e9fef49e661f3b3e0fecdb.gif 0531fda0d380a831785a2643776bf4f7f9bdae-v5-wm.jpg

2. Cindi Marie Bauer

Cindi Marie Bauer Active Member
    Registered

Hi Beth. I agree, "Everything in moderation". But actually, some of those artificial sweeteners, really don't taste that bad; especially in hot or cold beverages. At least to me they don't. I'm still considered to be Type 2 Diabetic, and when I do make my favorite beverages, I use "saccharin sweeteners". But when I bake something, I use granulated sugar as I have in the past tried baking "certain desserts with saccharin sweeteners", don't always turn out as good. I eat very small portions when it comes to desserts. Plus, I exercise every day.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I also don't completely avoid sugar & I never use artificial sweeteners. I also agree that sugar is not poison in moderation. What bothers me is food companies being allowed to deceive consumers, which contributes to obesity.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The poison aspect is what causes the increasing incidents of type 2 diabetes or pre diabetes in over 50% of the population. Food companies use the 'bliss factor' the correct sweetness factor in foods to make us crave more of the food. Even hot dogs list a substantial amount of sugar in their ingredients!

5. Cindi Marie Bauer

Cindi Marie Bauer Active Member
    Registered

I have to admit, Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pies are pretty good. But my husband and I always share one. We purchase them whenever we go to Sam's Club.