Do You Answer Your Phone If You Don't Know Who It Is?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Mary, I think it is them who is behind all this. If not directly, they are bringing in millions of criminals which some are highly skilled in all kinds of ways.
    Not enough music in the world to completely stop the stress, but it foes help.
    I was saving trees pulling vines but they dropped billions of tics and chegars in the woods.:rolleyes:plus I'm getting dangerous to my health.

Jake Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Yup, even up here I've pulled my first tic and chiggers are biting.

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Mary they are really bad and seem to get worse every year now. I don't understand it because they don't have much prey now that people are moving in and cutting down all their trees , so no habitat. I hate to see it really, but city slickers think lawns and chemical fertilizers are the cats meow.

Jake Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Our phone has a voice feature that announces the caller so I only answer if it's someone I know. I missed my sister's call one day and called her back and she said, 'You need to check your voicemail because it's full.' I giggled and said, 'I forgot the passcode.' :rolleyes: She suggested I call the company for help. I doubt that model would still be in the database. I purchased this Panasonic cordless phone years ago from Goodwill before cell phones. I looked all over for the paperwork to it but that wouldn't help me remember the passcode. So it will forever be full. :rolleyes:

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There are only 3 phone calls that I will readily accept:

My brother who only calls every 2-3 months.
    My friend who only calls once a month.
    My wife who has rare occasion to call me because I talk to her face to face every day.

I will accept a call from my insurance nurse and my doctor but I generally move them on to voice mail until I am derned good and ready to talk to them over the phone.

If by some feat of grace that I do answer the phone and whomever it is puts me on hold, I will hang up.

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

It annoyed me when you're put on hold. It also annoyed me when you've answered the phone, said 'Hello.' and you hear nothing but a hum I guess they were on another call and expected me to be still on the line. No, no Nannette.