Do You Believe In Miracles?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

As a youth reading and hearing about Bible Miracles sounded like something from Grimm's Fairy Tales. Walking on water, feeding all those people with a few fish, the immaculate conception etc. etc.
    Later in life hearing and reading about Visions and Miracle Healings I found interesting but could offer no logical explanation. I remain Skeptical still at this point in my life but just accept miracles as a HAPPENING.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven’t seen any miracles. Think they’ve been banned in oklahoma or maybe just my county.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

The only miracles I've seen are my two sons, newly born. Amazing.

4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I definitely believe in miracles, not only are there the ones you mentioned in the Bible, but lots of miracles since. You have Fatima, Medjugorje, Padre Pio, plus lots of local miracles like crying statues / painting, voices that alerted rescuers to a car in a river where they found an infant upside down in a car seat had been there for 14 hours a life saved, a woman with no pulse for 45 minutes came back to life. I personally with my family experienced a miracle or sign.
    Bottom line I believe.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think the world is evidence of a miracle, in the sense that there is a balance between all living things that constantly shifts and adapts and adjusts on so many levels, seen and unseen.

I think that the complexity of all living things is a miracle. Think of all the things that have to happen right at the cellular level every second of every day of every week of every month of every year of our lives in ways we have yet to fully understand.

Look at plants. Some are attracted to gravity, some to water, some to dirt, some to sunlight...whatever each species requires. Many of us have had houseplants lean towards the window, and when we turn them around, they lean back. And all of their offspring do exactly the same thing, or produce the same flowers with the same number of petals.

And who teaches a spider how to weave such a perfect web? How can it do such a thing without stepping back just once to make adjustments?

Think of our planet's perfect distance from the sun, and our atmosphere that not only provides air but also protects us from space debris. And the moon's ability to create the tides, and it's perfect size and perfect distance so as to create total solar eclipses.

And on and on and on....

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree the miracle of life is most wonderful.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Your right miracles are all around us, there part of the fabric of life, unless we stop and "smell the roses" we never notice them.

John Brunner and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We’ve discussed miracles many times in other threads and as I have written before, I have lost count of how many I have personally witnessed. I have even written about what some of them were so I’d rather not be redundant.

To me, it is not a matter of whether something is considered a miracle or not because everyone knows that there are things that happen that a man of science cannot fathom and only a person of faith can explain.
    Rather than thinking of those amazing events as miracles, I do rather think of them as God making His presence known for indeed, with Him all things, even the unimaginable, are possible.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes I beleive in miracles.

10. John Brunner

Walked out the door to go to work one morning, saw this, and had to grab my camera:

ice.jpg

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Nice puc but explain why it is.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

I had a really real miracle when I was 16.I was on the front porch leaning against the banisters that was about 5' off the ground.It broke aand something pushed me back up on the porch. I was smoching with my boyfriend and he saw it too. We just looked at each other and wondered what just happened.

Joseph Carl, Tony Page and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. John Brunner

There had been freezing rain and that is a patch of ice-encrusted woody growth that caught my eye.

Tony Page and Marie Mallery like this.
  14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Without going into all the details, my daughter a teacher in Catholic School took this photo with her cell phone on a Friday night after the classes have been dismissed. The religion teacher was erasing the Blackboard blackboard124.jpg and when she turned around the children were fixated on the Blackboard and with excitment in their voices yelling there is Jesus, when she turned to look at the backboard the face of Christ was there looking at the class.
    The religion teacher called the principal and the principal Circle the face and wrote on the Blackboard "do not erase".

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Anyone seen this ,very interesting! { Excuse the ugly music they think we want to hear.just hit mute}