Do You Carry Any Long-term Grudges?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Don Alaska, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

YES! It made me smile. :D

I think we all hate it when they move everything in the store. It's not so bad if they keep the groupings the same and just move the whole aisles around but sometimes they shuffle a lot of it. Ugh!

I'm interested in the Wells Fargo comments. Just before I became aware of all the H&D about that bank I was thinking of moving to them since they have a very nice location close to me. I'm sure happy I didn't move. The only thing I have there is a credit card and that's been ok so far.

The other one I would warn people about is Chase and their customer service. They have a branch on every corner here and the least informed workers I've ever seen in a bank. Personally, I prefer credit unions to banks. It's worth driving a little further when I occasionally need an in-person service.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I prefer credit unions to banks as well.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We have belonged to the same credit union since the mid-80s; I don't remember ever having a bank account.

A couple of years ago during the holidays I went to a Chase branch to deposit my son's Christmas gift. He lives in Oregon and it's just easier than mailing a check or whatever. I was stunned to find that they would not take a cash deposit. What the hell, people???? I had to give the cashier my debit card and pay a fee to transfer money. Stupidest thing I have ever heard.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

LOL

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

After nearly forty years, my personal boycott of Red Lobster has come to fruition. They declared bankruptcy and closed fifty of their restaurants. I feel so powerful.

6. Andrea Klasa

Andrea Klasa Member
    Registered

Royal Bank of Canada, long before online banking. They mixed up my parents' joint account with my older brother's account with a withdrawal. And then said it was our fault. Never deal with RBC.

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  7. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

As well you should Ken. Congratulations!

8. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Denny's. It was about 34 years ago in my hometown in New Hampshire. I can't go into details. I forgot them. It is decades later, so............but I remember the Emotion.

@Ken Anderson
    BANKRUPT THEM. Please. Unless they are already. Are there still Denny's?

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I wonder if I carry a grudge ahead of time. When I buy something and, say, it has a warranty for a couple of years and they send me a card asking if I want to buy one for longer, I write back 'No, because if your product does not last a sufficient amount of time, I will NEVER buy from your company again.' I have always like Whirlpool and they sent me a card after I bought my last dishwasher

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Grudge. “A persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from an insult or injury”.
    Naw. I try not to allow that much rental space in my brain.

Grudges, to be cliche’, creates way to much baggage to carry around.
    It’s like the one item on a buffet that you put on your plate and find that it is distasteful. Put the plate aside, let the wait staff take it away and go back with a fresh plate and try something else.
    If the whole buffet is crap, then go to another buffet.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have one in Bangor. The last few times I was there, the food was okay, but they held me hostage for more than a half hour waiting for someone to take our payment. The service was awful, so we don't go there anymore.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We have found a remedy for that "waiting on the check" thing. Just stand up and start walking for the door. It's miraculous how fast they arrive with the bill.

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Many years ago I had some dealings with Wells Fargo and their checking system.
    Not to get into much detail, their system needlessly cost me a LOT of money mainly because my deposits would pend for 3 or so days before being usable ergo everything written that depended on that deposit would bounce.

All that said, I thought this small video was appropriate in that it now occurs to me that the person who was responsible for hitting the “deposit” button might have been dead yet totally unnoticed for days.

The video reminds me of the old workplace sign that promises to fire anyone who is caught dead standing up and failing to fall down.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sounds like Wells-Fargo alright. I think I have told the story of Wells-Fargo not accepting their own receipt and the recognition of their teller a proof of payment and having to get a copy of a cancelled check from another bank. I would never willing deal with Well-Fargo ever again. Looks like they care for their employees like they do their customers, and assuming faulty plumbing? They must not keep up on building maintenance either.

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Holding grudges in your mind and heart, will only lead to misery and early death - IMO
    least in regards to people ;)

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.