Do You Fear Religious Conflict In The United States?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 26, 2021.

1. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Some examples of being lied to by scientists, please?

2. Joyce Senior

Joyce Senior Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't need to do a search, Ken, nor could I possibly do one, for anything that Marie is saying. Why would I? How could I? She's making wild accusations; I'd like to know where these ideas are coming from. I'm simply asking that she explain herself. I might not agree with her, but at least she'd be giving me something to look at.

As for our discussion partners, there was only one time when that was a problem. Six of us were sitting together and one of the others made a statement with nothing to back it up. It was the only time this had ever happened to me; every other time people gave their reasons -- not citations, but reasons. We all, not one of us, would let it go. As I said above, if that were to happen, the other person wouldn't last. He didn't.

3. Joyce Senior

Registered

Tribe would be better, Marie. Thank you. :) The reason I asked you to think carefully about calling Jews a race is that that's exactly what Hitler did. And, since you were talking about race as meaning color, the word wouldn't fit, anyway.

First, let me please tell you that I'm a Labor (left) Zionist. I have a love of Israel, but I hate what the country has been doing in many instances as have half the Israelis; this can be seen by the election mess the country's been in for the last few years. To answer your question: There are two reasons why you haven't seen prominent leaders or rabbis in Israel who are from any of the backgrounds you mention. The first is that there are so very few of people from these areas around and even fewer in the country. In recent years there has been immigration which has integrated the country to some extent, but it's still a very small minority. The second is that Israel, like many other countries, is, unfortunately, rather discriminatory. There are two main groups of Jews in Israel who have been there from the beginning. These are the ones from Eastern Europe and the ones from Spain and the Middle East. They look different and their original education was, for the most part, different. There's been systematic discrimination to a large extent from the beginning of the State against this second group. However, there are two Chief Rabbis, one for each. A Chief Rabbi is a quasi-governmental official who's in charge of religious affairs concerning the State and these two groups. It's quite complicated, but they don't have the same kind of power that a Pope has. Anyway, in this respect there's one very important person who looks Middle Eastern -- the Chief Rabbi.

4. Joyce Senior

Registered

I agree with you that the slave trade was alive and well before America was settled, Marie. It was also outlawed everywhere but the U.S. before the U.S. Constitution was ratified. I'm certainly not blaming anyone living today for what happened back then. I don't believe too many people are although the hype is such. What I do believe is that there were a lot of Jim Crow laws that were passed that made it much easier for Whites to gain an education and wealth than for Blacks and kept Blacks in neighborhoods with serious physical, air, etc. problems. That's what the talk of reparations and the teaching of Critical Race Theory are about. There was also a lot of discrimination against all sorts of immigrants; that should be taught as part of history, too. And, while we're at it, we should be teaching about the rural poor who are mostly White and why they're in such a bad state.

Personally, I believe that we shouldn't be giving reparations per se; we should be doing something to redress the harms done to the present generation as a group (not to individuals) by the Jim Crow laws of the past. This would involve understanding the racism that was built into the system (CRT) and the harms that it did and helping to rebuild the educational system, the neighborhoods, etc.

In my opinion we should be taking a hard look at the country and try to find ways to help all groups which need it; this includes poor rural Whites who, in many cases, have ended up this way because of our past governmental policies of various sorts.

5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks fro the info on Israel's people. Some I know about. I think this multicultural thing is not good for any of us but it is how the world leaders want it and it won't be stopped in our generation if ever unless The Messiah returns. I understand your not a beleiving person but some of us are.

I am busy so will get back to this off and on. Thanks

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Slavery is wrong no matter who is involved but it is also been with since time. Anciant drawings on walls of caves and drawings testifyto this fact.
    Some peopel are more prone to learning than others take for example India and China who come here to work the advance more than say S.Americans and other immigrants.
    It would have been cruel to all involved to just set slaves free without education.Some did get an education like Booker T Washington and others.
    Portugal was the first to set slaves free during the 18th century soon after America.
    Lets not forget the white who also were under the control of the oligarchs or the settlers who built the towns across America with primitive tools.While blacks in Africa still lived in huts the first 6 thousand years,if the truth hurts ,remember its not my truth.
    We still have whites who live in poverty and some can't even read in areas.Appalasian Mountains have quite a few. Many cities in the south do as well.

My point is what happend here has happpened everywhere and nobody owes anyone reperations ecept the Tuson Black Wall Street robbers. I think that was a terrible thing that happened.
    Minotities have no excuse for not having a reducation in past century. I will say I think it was controlled by some bad men both Christian and Jewish. Lot of money made from these 'equal rights goups' and what did they do with these indigents, put them in welfare like ghettos with cattle like feeding lots but the people allowed it so both are to blame.
    This is a hard subject to discuss and more so because it has too many making money of the evil done who don't want it discussed.
    Anyway as I said I'm busy so not thinking good and this time of day the glare from the page blinds me so I can barely see what I'm writing

7. Joyce Senior

Registered

You're welcome, Marie. :)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Joyce Senior

Registered

I agree with you, Marie, that slavery has been around forever. The Hebrew Bible even has laws concerning how slaves were to be treated. It's a terrible thing, but there's a lot of that going around even today. It may not be legally sanctioned in most, if not all, countries; but it's alive and well. :(

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yes it has and gladour debate was civil hope we both learned something too. I know I did.
    This is a very hard subject to discuss especially in writing.

10. Joyce Senior

Registered

Agreed. :)

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

What worries me about out society now is all the division and hate on both sides but its more pronounced and allowed on one side then enter CRT into the it saying we are inheritly evil eacist,and all these new froups like The New Black Pnthers,Black Israelites and others.
    Example below and its not just this one man look at the crowd he has with him,and yes religion does have a lot to do with it.

Or these people need to be treated the same way as whitte supremist,

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

I just wonder where all these people think they are going once they finish off America. Americans who choose to do so need to pray for our nation.At same time I feel its too late to and wonder if its not prophecy .

13. Joyce Senior

Registered

There's hatred on both sides. It's horrible! We differ, though, in what we believe CFT is. I explained my belief as to what it is in a previous post; so, there's no need for me to repeat it here. And that's a big part of the problem. The country is in two camps even when they're talking about the same thing. Until both groups can agree on common definitions, no rational discussion is possible. That's why I was telling Ken that when I'm discussing things with people out in the world, we all know that we need to understand specifically what people are talking about and why they believe it. If we don't know why they believe something, we're just stating our beliefs with no communication happening. If we know why we hold those beliefs, we understand each other enough to be able to agree or disagree and try to persuade each other.

I belong to groups that contain liberals, conservatives, progressives, and libertarians. We can all communicate and, often, change opinions to one degree or another. But the only reason we're capable of doing that is that we know exactly what makes the other person think the way he/she does.

I'm glad you and I are now communicating. :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yes we do but hope that doesn't stop a civildebate .
    I agree it is the same on both sides but only one side is under social microscope while the other is basically ignored.
    I wonder why we fight to protect other nations sovereignty ehilr ours is being systimatically taken away?
    We are not having schools teach that black hate groups are increasining numbers and ignored. So are Hisoanicbut not so much or as threatening yet but I feel that may soon change too if Mencha,Univision and LaRaza turns vilent too. So far they don't make threats to kill whites.

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree with Ken ,we are beinglied to by the Frankensteins.Not all of the mbut the others don't speeak out much and the few who do are osterized.