Do You Fear Religious Conflict In The United States?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Throwing caution to the wind, I decided to give the dear learned lady a citation which, from past responses I imagine she will immediately ask for more citations. https://farleftfacts.org/white-people/math-yes-math-is-racist/

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

"...Atheistic countries like Russia..." If you were to visit post soviet Russia, as wife and I have twice, you'd find that that country is one of the most devout Christian countries of today. It started rebuilding the buildings the Soviets had destroyed immediately after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Whilst their new constitution does stipulate that everyone has the freedom to choose their own belief system, those professing Christianity is only 2% of the Russian population.
    Here’s a good read on the subject:
    https://eastwestreport.org/articles/ew05304.htm

Joseph Carl likes this.
  4. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks, Bobby. During our tour we certainly didn't attend any services, but we did visit several new cathedrals. I do remember one tour guide (The tour guides were all philosophy professors making a bit of money during the summer.) who stated that the government could have used the money on more important things during the first years after the Soviet collapse.

I recall a few years ago the local Greek church had an event and invited the public. Wife and I attended, (We had visited Greece shortly before.) One of the speakers at the invent was a Russian immigrant.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I don't fear any religious conflicts.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You didn't.

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Joyce Senior

Joyce Senior Well-Known Member
    Registered

Every group is being attacked, Joseph. That's the point I was trying to make. If you can find a group that isn't being attacked, I'd love to hear about it. As for the separation or not of religion and government, I'm not going to get into that one. I'll leave it to others should they choose.

8. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi James.
    Just surfing the web and this forum and thread this question seemed like potential for several other threads perhaps, but maybe only a few posts, depending on if you really want to know.

To narrow down the question, simplify or clarify what you believe scientists , any scientist at all in fact, have said and published that is as far as you know true and not a lie. What statement by a 'scientist' do you believe is true ?

I have found that if someone's livelihood, income, home, job, bank account or other things important to them depend on going along with what is commonly believed and supported by the system they are in, they will and may quite readily and often , daily, lie to protect their position and income and money.

9. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Who can ever answer this. Religion has been around since I was born and since my parents were born and since their parents were born and it goes on and on....

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Religion has been the source of war, conflict, lies, sexual misconduct, lies upon lies, as long as it has been around, not only this current generation. It is often so deeply rooted in a person's upbringing or education or what they have faith in, they may never find the answer.

Some people after they were healed by Jesus, were asked by religious authorities who it was who healed them, and they did not even know who it was yet. Later they discovered from Jesus or from others that it was/is Jesus who healed them.

It seems governments and religions today do not allow maintaining health, right living, or healing.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  11. Steven Stanick

Steven Stanick Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Bible is Harry Potter for stupid people.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You are mean-spirited and hateful. I'm not a religious person but this offends me.

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is why we have the REPORT button. Do not hesitate to use it, Everyone !
    We do not allow personal attacks on this forum, and calling Christians stupid people is an outright attack.
    He has been given multiple warnings, and it does not seem to be fazing him, so it is time for this kind of post to be reported when you see it.
    It is one thing if people are arguing in a thread, and the posts are about equal; but unprovoked attacks like this are totally uncalled for.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow this thread is exactly why i have started being choosy where I answer on here. I totally agree, his response not welcomed, BUT, What happened to free speech? hum ? Just saying that in order to live by the Free Speech creed, he is with in his right. Don't hate me, just pointing out a fact. I do not consider myself stupid either. :)

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

If you were having a meeting and talking about where to put a stop sign and someone brings up how much they hate the Jews, would you respect that person’s rights to free speech and let him or her continue to disrupt your meeting..
    or…
    would you tell said person that what he is saying isn’t appropriate and either follow along with the intent of the meeting or leave ??
    and…….
    If he continued to speak as he or she wished wouldn’t you ask that person to leave …permanently or at least give him a vacation?

When was the last time you asked someone not to say something? Infringement upon free speech perhaps?

Constitutionally, free speech is the ability to say your piece without being persecuted and prosecuted by the Government. It doesn’t give you or me the right to intentionally coerce or hatefully insultanother individual or group.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Yvonne Smith likes this.