Do You Have A Roku?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Diane Lane, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Never heard of that, but apparently it's a "caster" device that allows you to send streaming input from your cellphone to your TV. https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...aming-Media-Player-for-Any-Big-Screen-TV.html

Sounds clunky to me. Just get a Roku; they aren't very expensive and have tons of free content available. For the Roku, you just need a fairly good internet connection and wireless connectivity in your home.

Amazon reviews aren't very good... https://www.amazon.com/TVFix-Wireless-Caster-Streaming-Mirroring/dp/B08JQMMZR3

Martha Ferris and Jim Brown like this.
  2. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yep, as Beth said above, there are tons of FREE stuff available with a Roku.

Being cheap, I've never had cable or a dish. I live in a hole, quite a ways from the transmitters, but I get 20 or so over-the-air free, hi-def channels with a rooftop antenna. Then along came streaming. I have a Roku stick on both TVs and there is so much FREE stuff available you wouldn't believe it.

My fav channels: tubi, ROKU channel, Crackle, Pluto, Filmrise, and You Tube.

3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes----I have had Roku for several years and use it daily.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Roku is all I use.
    Amazon Prime will no longer work
    on my older Roku after November 1st.

I may just drop Prime Movies. They are going overboard charging extra rent, putting in ads on what is supposed to be included in the monthly or yearly fee.

Beth Gallagher and Joe Riley like this.