Do You Plan Your Grocery Shopping Trips?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes our main shopping day is a Wednesday, ( Fortnightly) all tho just lately we’ve been going on a Tuesday due to Aldi being to crowded on Wednesday’s due to their “ specials day” as well as it’s most welfare recipients payday (including us ) aged Pension

After we do a main shop we only go to the supermarket maybe one or twice before the next main shop.

I rarely runout of anything as I plan what fresh veggies / maybe a bag of frozen greens mix as well as meat, / fridge stuff, as well as having some stuff like silver beet growing in the garden.

We rarely buy fruit due to our effort we put in during summer bottling our own crisp so with prices going up and up it saves us quite a few $$$ Our main desert menu is fruit and yoghourt

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I saw on a site that monitors supply chain issues worldwide that Aldi has been hit by shortages in some areas worse than other chains, especially in Germany, as they only generally carry one brand of things. When that brand runs short, they don't have any of that particular item. In the U.S. an example could be peanut butter. When Skippy is not available, Jif will be substituted, but if you only contract with Skippy, when that is not available, you have no peanut putter. That strategy works well to keep prices down during good times, but can hurt you when things are difficult.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We buy quite a bit of our supplies from Aldi so far so good no shortages that we’ve found ..oh hubs said yes his white chocolate hot drink is not in store right now…poor hubs he’s got plenty of other drinks hot chocolate / cappuccino / coffee / coffee pods for his machine and milo.

@Don Alaska

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

My last shopping trip for food I took my motorcycle into Luperon the closest town small grocery with shelves filled to overflowing picked up what I wanted and on the way home stopped at a roadside butcher and bought a large piece of pork and some beef to make hamburger. also some chicharon which is fried pork skin. While I was there a vegetable truck pulled up A small stake truck pilled high with fresh vegetables and I filled the large box I had on the motor cycle. All fresh and not any processed food.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No. I don't plan my grocery shopping trip. I go fairly often, sometimes daily. It seems most of the time, what item(s) I need, the store is always out of them when I go. It's not like it is unusual items. They may be out of bags of baby carrots or fresh blueberries. It must have been a month or longer before anyone could get crackers or French fries.

John Brunner likes this.