Do You Use Instacart For Delivery Of Items?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

You'll find their list of groceries is not everything the store carries. If you have a good shopper you can text them with an item you want and they will look for it for you.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Got my Instacart order yesterday. Have been using them a lot throughout the pandemic, and less frequently before that. It's a block's walk from my assigned parking spot to my condo door, so I started using them when I wanted items that were getting too heavy for me to carry that distance -- large bottles of juice plus multiple cans of soup, etc, in the same order.

Only once has a shopper delivered someone else's order to me, requiring a quick call to a hard to find customer service number to get those bags retrieved. And then since my own order had likewise been misdelivered, a new shopper redid my order and delivered it a couple hours later.

And occasionally, like yesterday, a shopper can't follow my detailed directions for finding my door. Apparently "walk between the buildings to the pool, then come right" is too difficult a concept for shoppers whose first language isn't English. I felt so bad for the young woman yesterday that I ended up hiking out to the parking lot to relieve her anxiety. And my groceries.

3. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We have Instacart here but, it's through our local Dillon's store. I like it but, I've been having issues with receiving text messages so that I can approve substitutes for my grocery items. I updated the information on my Dillon's page but for some reason Instacart can't help me get the phone number updated on their end so that I can receive texts to my new number. They're still calling my old number that got stolen.

If I want to get a new Dillon's card and start over with a new acct. then I gotta go into the store to get the card and I'm just not interested at this point. I have yet to be able to bring myself to go into a supermarket full of unmasked people. LOL

Tony Page likes this.
  4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I have used it a few times for Wegman's deliveries and am completely satisfied.

Marci Miller and Tony Page like this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I had trouble with them twice and will not use again.

6. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

So who delivers your groceries then if you don't use Instacart? We can either do the delivery with them or do pickup outside with the Dillon's Click List here.

7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Since I've been vaccinated I haven't used any of the delivery services. I'm back to shopping for myself, however I am thinking of using them again short-term because I have some back issues.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In April, you said that you were using Instacart and they were fast and efficient, and you thought the delivery price was great, and now you are saying that you will never use them again, @Lon Tanner ? What happened to change your mind that strongly ?

We have only used Instacart a couple of times, and I would definitely use them more except for the problem that some of the food we always buy from Sam’s Club is not listed on Instacart.
    It doesn’t make much sense to use the service if we can’t get the foods that we want and use all of the time; so we have just been waiting until we were about out of Bobby’s Blue Cheese Crumbles, and then we go there and stock up on that and get whatever else we need at that time.

9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

10. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

On two occasions the driver said he could not deliver because no one was home. He must have gone to the wrong address. My address was quite clear and someone is always available to receive. Both times my delivery was held over to the next day

11. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree with you except for the cost of delivery part. Delivery fee, service fee, tip, etc. = too expensive. I dealt with Instacart when ordering from a grocery store throughout much of this year.

What irks me though: months ago I was reading a message board where there were mostly Instacart folks; they said they now have access to all the info about orders before deciding whether or not to accept an order, AND if they considered the tips to be too low they wouldn't take the order. I don't think this should be allowed- I believe regardless of the job, tips should be the personal choice of the customers, not mandatory and not really even expected. I believe I was a generous tipper- but receiving an order shouldn't depend on the amount of tips.

Yvonne Smith likes this.