Does Anyone Else Have a Blog Online?

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, I do! It's recently updated due to changes that happened in my life. I'm still needing to add and complete the ones under DRAFTS. It a slow process...

As I've left all traditional platforms, I've not many visitors and I haven't told many about it. I'm restarting from scratch, kind of.

I had to update my IA website, my BMAC website, my blog and more. A new fresh perspective was required after a difficult 7 years. I'm hoping to get to it in Spring.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Active (posting) members should feel free to add any of their websites to our Member Websites sub-forum. That will not be considered spam.

3. Cindi Marie Bauer

Cindi Marie Bauer Active Member
    Registered

Hello Marie Mallery, thank you for welcoming me to the forum. I certainly appreciate it. My actual first name is Cynthia, but I prefer to go by the name... Cindi and preferably spelled... Cindi (not, Cindy). :D

I forgot to say, I do have an online blog, but a couple years ago, the site to which people could display their blogs and also post a reply, had shut down. But, I still keep my blog going, even though others are not able to post a reply to any topic. I mainly do this for family members and those who are interested in viewing recipes which I still keep displaying.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Cindi, your welcome for the welcome, I hope you like it here I still like your name spelling an all.
    I don't have a blog spend most of my free time here or watch a movie now and then., we are older but still have lots to do.

5. Cindi Marie Bauer

Registered

Hello again Marie. I especially like your name... Marie. I certainly prefer your first name over mine. I won't say why I do, but Marie is a lovely name. :)

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  6. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think everyone should do as you are doing, and write a brief self-history. Learning about your ancestors is enhanced by a personal written record. However, putting it out there on the internet is not wise, in my opinion. It should be written in a proper book and kept for your family.

I think 'blog' refers more to a day by day account of your activities which, no, I don't do. Unless you are living a really fascinating life, it's pretty pathetic really.

7. Cindi Marie Bauer

Registered

Celia Jenkins, when I first started my blog, I mainly did so by sharing recipes, as I enjoy cooking and baking, and sharing those recipes with others. It wasn't till later, that I began sharing photos of my family as well, just in case people are curious who is this "domestic goddess"?

8. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I was member of a crafty / general everyday living forum and allot of the members had blogs
    However I’ve never ventured into a blog so don’t fully understand them
    Welcome @Cindi Marie Bauer from one of the few Aussie members

I enjoy cooking as well altho I don’t bake cakes anymore like I did years ago , but I always make our food from scratch and rarely eat out of any takeaway

IMG_1152.gif

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  9. Cindi Marie Bauer

Registered

Hello Kate Eller. How nice to hear from an Aussie. Also, since I've always enjoyed cooking and baking, I thought it would be fun to share/post those recipes on a blog. But a couple years ago, the actual site, shut down, but I found a way to continue posting recipes as well as family photos. But, some of the photos, the background, will appear different.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I was not able to bake nor cook, as I had a stroke which affected my vision, so my husband took over preparing our meals. Thank heavens he's a good cook, so he prepared the meals, and still does. At times I am able to cook with him, and I've been adventurous when baking, but physically and visually, I am not able to bake as much as I use to.

10. Kate Ellery

Registered

I like this site if I’m looking for a how to recipe , I was away from home and bought a pack of chicken legs for a quick easy meal and wanted a dry rub rather than a marinade , and I found one here they were very easy and delicious
    @Cindi Marie Bauer

https://www.recipetineats.com/

Cindi Marie Bauer likes this.
  11. Kate Ellery

Registered

12. Cindi Marie Bauer

Registered

-

Kate Ellery, the chicken recipe sounds delicious!

My husband and I will have to try this recipe, and thank you for sharing the recipe.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  13. Kate Ellery

Registered

Actually that’s how I started my “ online life “ I was member of a recipe site that had a forum and it eventually got shut down because of the abuse./ disruptive members

I don’t think it was monitored, the site was eventually sold and the forum part dropped
    It depended on the general public posting recipes .

That was around the year …2000 and I was just learning how to use a computer ( my DH computer ) as I didn’t have one .

I joined this forum in 2015 after being told about its existence by a friend whom I’m still in regular contact with to this day
    So I saying that I hope you enjoy it here ( I mainly play games ) but in the last year been a bit more social on the general side of the forum as well
    @Cindi Marie Bauer

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    John Brunner and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you, Cindi, I like your first name, my first granddaughters name is Cindy.

Cindi Marie Bauer likes this.
  15. Cindi Marie Bauer

Registered

Your granddaughter's first name I like... "Cindy". My actual first name is "Cynthia", which I'm not fond of that name. So when I was younger, I spell my name as such... Cindi. Which I much prefer.

Marie Mallery likes this.