1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Anyone Else Like Lamb?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by John Brunner, Nov 4, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I make something like lamb, I spend the money for fresh herbs. I've got the room to grown all the herbs I want, but there's always more supply than there is need. I mean, how much basil can one guy use cooking for himself.

And I agree about the origin of the "lamb." For some reason the chops seem to be of decent quality...but they are not butchered in the store. They arrive pre-packaged under the name of an out-of-state farm, then priced/weighed in the store:
    lamb chops.jpg On sale this week for $8USD/pound. Hmmmm....

I believe the ones I got before were smaller than this. These are "chuck chops."

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have helped a few rescue missions with food procurement and one of the methods is to introduce and lead them through the application process for USDA products.
    It’s a given that dry milk, canned veggie's and meats, cereals and cheeses are all available but one of my favorite items to get is frozen boneless lamb roasts.

Now, each time the missions got their first shipment, I was told by the cooks and once, the executive director of a mission that the men and women going through the line wouldn’t like lamb.
    My explanation to them was that ya just have to know what you’re doing so with that, I showed the kitchens different ways to serve the roasts and what to do with them and don’t ya know, I never saw a bit of lamb wasted.
    All the food trays came back clean and if we had seconds, that was used up too.