Dramatic Exits

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Beth Gallagher, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

4. John Brunner

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

"There's a trick to the graceful exit. It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, or a relationship, is over - and to let it go. It means leaving what's over without denying its value." -- Ellen Goodman

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. John Brunner

But it's like timing the market...very few will get out when things are going good.

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmmm! What a strange coincidence that this thread was revived yesterday after I announced I would be leaving the forum and my reasons why.

Do any of you think before you post?

Is that what some of you think of me that I made a dramatic exit? If so then it is evident to me that you didn't bother to understand why I was leaving. No one asked about any other factors that might be a reason I was leaving and so many others have left this forum.

I know it is the preference that if one decides to leave, just go silently and let some members speculate why you disappeared. If you decide to leave over discussions where personal accusations were made and moderators enter the conversation, but never moderate, go silently into the night.

A moderator can't moderate if they do so as they would posting as a member. Moderator is steering the conversation, unbiased, making it a discussion instead of an agenda driven posting where one party doesn't respond to questions or give any evidence that they have expertise for what they are touting.

I expected moderation would enter and point out to the agenda driven poster that they hadn't presented any evidence of their opinion they touted as fact, and if they couldn't discuss the topic without making replies such as "denial is a powerful thing" clearly saying that I was in denial, and this was no argument and if they continued along that line, their post would be removed.

I think it a bit shameful that a moderator would revive this thread with such timing. If you ever wonder why so many either leave the forum or limit participation, give this some serious soul searching.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    John Houlihan likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

If you think about it for a bit…..there is a possibility that everything that is posted isn’t about you? It could be, just like other humorous posts, that it’s just what it is. Humor.

You didn’t exit. No one really believed you were going to exit or at least, not for long so why should this thread be about you?
    Those who care have already written their opinions and those who don’t haven’t written anything at all.
    It is what it is Faye.

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I got that Bobby but you don't get my point about the timing of resurrecting this post. Yes, I know humor and knowing all that posted following the resurrection thread of yesterday, did so as humor, but for a moderator to resurrect such a thread in such a timely manner certain looks suspicious.

I apologize if @John Brunner will tell us that his decision to resurrect this thread yesterday had absolutely nothing to do with my posting I was leavening the forum. Will you clarify John? I know you did it as humor so I am not saying it was an insult or personnel attack, but rather shameful humor in bad taste if it had anything, anything at all to do with my announcement. If nothing about my announcement entered your mind and this was just a freak timing coincidence, then I again apologize.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I got your point loud and clear. I mean, it’s not like you’re a lousy writer and can’t be explicit albeit there are those times when you aren’t explicit but everyone knows whom you are writing about….like now.

My point is that again, Ken and John both knew you weren’t going anywhere. You’ve come and gone and gone and come until it seems like we need a score board to see who wins between you, Cody and a couple of others.

To me, it’s funny as heck and so are dramatic exits. People write what they wanna write because they feel offended or put upon or somehow indicted without due process and bingo….Ima gonna go. Delete my posts. Ima never gonna come back! Harumph. Really…I’m gone. Are you listening?
    I’m really gonna leave and this forum is going to vanish without me.
    Uh..wait a minute. I gotta pack a lunch and whilst I am at it, I got something else to write.

It’s always the same no matter who it is. It’s hilarious and I know that every time Cody has said, I’m gone and removed his avatar….you laughed too because you knew in a week he’d be back.

Lighten up girl. Those panties you like writing about got in a wad. Pull ‘em out and forget about it.

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I had no intention of coming back, but @Mary Stetler made a post that touched me. She made me feel needed here and if one person is benefitting from my being here then I will stay.

Mary Stetler and John Houlihan like this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Dern! Now I gotta go find a thread on dramatic re-entrances after a dramatic exit.
    Come to think about it, there might be a thread titled, Why Did You Come Back?

Ya gotta admit though. Exits are more fun.
    All those endorphins and adrenaline coursing through the veins. Imagining someone’s eyes bulging out and their hair looking like they got hit with a lightning bolt whilst causing the keyboard to start smoking and have a melt down.

The imagery is Hilarious!

John Houlihan and Faye Fox like this.
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

In light of Bobby's post, I want to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize to @Cody Fousnaugh for all the deliberate, hurtful, and unnecessary pokes I have taken at him, howbeit in jest, with one exception.

I will never, never, never, ever, apologize for calling the way you dress, a costume. I shan't even if I am waterboarded. It is in my ranch DNA, and I think you will understand why I can't, if you truly understand real deal ranching folks. :D:D:D

Bobby Cole and John Houlihan like this.