Dramatic Exits

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Beth Gallagher, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was a paramedic for twenty years and many of us referred to our uniforms as costumes, particularly those who worked for a company that had an especially flashy uniform. Words that can be triggers for some are just words to others. You seem to think that my desire is for this to become the biggest seniors forum on the planet, and a place where no one ever says anything that anyone else could possibly disagree with. It doesn't work that way because life doesn't work that way. I desire this place to be one where however many people as want to can discuss stuff for whatever reason they might have. This might be a crappy little forum, as someone else once said in her exit speech, but it is what it is and I kind of like it the way that it is. You're welcome to stay or go, as you please, and to come back if you decide to go. I hope you decide to stay because I mostly enjoy your posts, but we can't all walk on eggshells around you.

Some people believe that all animals should be allowed to run free and do whatever they want and that anything else is cruel or exploitative. Mostly, these are the same people who buy cage-free eggs because they think eggs should be allowed to roll around as they please. They're allowed to have these opinions, just as others are allowed to believe that these opinions are based on ignorance.

On issues of contention that have come up here, I mostly agree with you, except that I feel the need to allow others to voice contrary opinions.

People might think I'm a nut because I'm a Christian, or that I'm not really a Christian because I'm an Anabaptist. They might think I'm a racist because I voted for Trump twice and hope for a chance to vote for him a third time. As long as they don't call me a nut or a racist, they can think whatever they want, and they can call Trump a racist if that makes them feel good because Trump isn't a member here. I wouldn't personally care if they called me names, except that this would set a bad precedent and I know that some people are more sensitive than I am. Whoever we are, not everyone is going to agree with it. That's just the way it is.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

With that, let's get this thread back on topic, given that this is the Make Me Laugh area.

Dramatic Exit.png

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

With regard to our costumes:
    "All the world's a stage and all the men and women in it merely players" Shakespeare
    I stopped taking things too seriously long ago.

Tony Page likes this.