Drug Advertising On Tv New Drugs Every Day

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Steve North, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Mute button people... I mute them all. All about money and greed...not health.

Tom Galty and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

What's going on? Just saw two new ones on TV today & two yesterday Is there a contest going on between the Pharmas?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

We don't get that, thank goodness... it's against our advertising standards...

e do get a few ads about OTC meds, but beyond that No......it doesn't pay Big Pharma to advertise drugs here, because drugs don't make big money here...from the average patient or consumer

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders
    Please, what do you mean by that? Over here, drugs may make "big" money or "small", depending on many factors, but no drugs are out and out cheap.
    Frank

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The open advertising of prescription drugs used to be illegal here too, @Holly Saunders but were legalized during the Clinton Administration, 1997 I believe. It has been a persistent thorn in our sides ever since. It also raises the costs of prescription drugs, since advertising costs money and contributes to pressures on the prescribers to prescribe certain drugs, even if there are cheaper, better alternatives for specific cases. @Frank Sanoica I think the drugs @Holly Saunders is talking about are the drugs provided by their NHS, which undoubtedly is the dominant force in the drug business in Britain.

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Exactly what @Don Alaska said above ^^^^

That's drugs that are provided by our National health service, or those prescribed by our General practitioners!!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

The Clintons again?...well there's a surprise !! :rolleyes:

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Lon Tanner ...this has been going on for years- it has become worse though.These drug commericals are the primary reason I Mute commericals. Most doctors hate them also because patients are wanting their doctors to try each new drug on them.
    Another detest of commericals like these are all the side effects- seriously?
    Drugs are money makers ! Also this type of advertising is subliminal - in that even if you don't have an issue to take that drug- if you see or hear it enough- you will begin to Think you need it !

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We get absolutely sick of seeing all of the drug commercials on tv. And, then we they tell all of the side affects, who would ever think of using any of them. However, the ads show people happy and playing with their grandkids and sometimes doing things that a 30 year old would do.

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I really don't know if bill was directly involved in the decision, but it occurred under his supervision by the FDA.

11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Write Congress to stop the commercials for drugs and lawyers suing the drug companies. It probably is an exercise in futility since big pharma is a major political contributor, but it is worth a try.

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yep, exactly the same way they advertise ''wrinkle cream'' on a 25 year old...isn't it just amazing that she has no wrinkles after using the cream? :rolleyes:...let's see them use it on a 75 year old, and come back in 6 months and look again... LOL

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I've gotten rid of TV period so see them NO MORE...but when I was addicted to the tube, I would lay back and meditate and mute the TV. And Americans wonder why pharma drugs are out of sight $$$$, those crazy "get this drug, get that drug" ad. I don't touch them if I can avoid it.

Don Alaska likes this.